Vodafone’s chief technology officer, Benoit Hanssen will leave the company in late August to join the Hutchison group.
Ericsson - News, Features, and Slideshows
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Ericsson and Cisco Systems are partnering to develop and sell next-generation networks -- Ericsson because it's cheaper than buying in or building the equipment itself, and Cisco because it's quicker than buying Ericsson.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
Following up on lawsuits in the U.S., a dispute between Ericsson and Apple over royalty payments has now moved also to Europe.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's plan to connect five billion people to the Internet is feasible, anlysts said today. But it it could take 20 years to complete.
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near future.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is expected to happen in the coming year.
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- NIPS conference: Google releases open-source, AI, 3D game-development project
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- Predictions: 17 digital marketing trends for 2017
- How iflix used consumer intent data to gain 1 million subscribers in six months
- Mercer's marketing and customer chief promoted to global role
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Review of 457 visa scheme raises questions about local versus imported marketing skills