In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- ISIS cyberattack capabilities are unorganized, underfunded -- for now
- Estonian man gets over 7 years in prison for role in global DNS hijacking botnet
- FBI confirms it won't tell Apple how it unlocked terrorist's iPhone
- In rare unanimous move, House passes bill to protect email and cloud privacy