education in pictures
Companies in search of workers with the most sought-after IT skills may be better off investing in training programs for current workers than hiring new employees, according to IDC
Little progress has been made with securing Western Australia universities and TAFEs against cyber security attacks, according to the Audit Results Report 2012 tabled by Western Australian Auditor General, Colin Murphy.
As the need for mobile apps developers increases and interest in computer science courses wanes, professional educator-programmers are reaching out to a younger generation of potential coders: students as young as 10.
A survey finds that stress remains high, but it's down significantly from last year.
The Australian education sector is increasing its spending on tablets and cloud infrastructure as demand for PCs fall, according to analysts at IDC.
Collaboration is the key to getting anything done. Social technologies are all about enabling that collaboration. Combine social with mobile and sprinkle in technologies like VPNs and SSO, and the idea of 'social' moves to a whole new level, as two higher education CIOs attest.
Kindergarten rules for living well can get you in trouble in the corporate world. Now, there is an app for business complications of the worst type.
How exactly do you make it to the data scientist big leagues? As it turns out, there is no one right path. Instead, it's largely a scramble out there on the big data field. Insider (registration required)
Enrollment shot up nearly 30% last year.
From movie-like videos with comedy sketch warmups to hands-on freestyle hacker contests with big cash prizes, fresh approaches to training are helping a new generation of IT professionals get engaged in their training.
CEOs have long used executive coaches to take their leadership to the next level. Now IT pros are following suit.
Sign up now »
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
Although cloud is widely recognized as a technology game changer, its potential for driving business innovation remains virtually untapped. To take advantage of cloud’s potential to transform internal operations, customer ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia