The national e-health initiative is missing its take-up targets. According to a report last month in The Australian, the federal government hoped to see 500,000 Australians with a personally-controlled electronic health record (PCEHR) by July, but as of early March there were only 73,648 consumer registrations.
The New South Wales government today launched its $6.7 million Innovate NSW initiative, providing grants and other support to startups.
Over the past five years, the government and industry have developed legislation and standards that enable healthcare institutions to effectively share electronic health data.
Australia’s national e-health program has come under scrutiny in recent months due to early teething problems, the laborious process of registering for the service and the lack of incentives for private care participation.
The Melbourne-based Metro Spinal Clinic has enlisted analytics software from IBM to track and record data to better manage patients' pain.
There is increasing frustration and mounting cynicism with the pace of action on implementing a national e-health platform, according to a National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission report released today.
A Thai hospital famous for medical tourism and celebrated for its use of new technologies is turning to robotics to become more efficient and improve patient safety.
The Australian e-Health Research Centre has created an innovative new forecasting tool to ease backlogs in hospital emergency departments
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
It can be argued that what distinguishes midsize businesses most from large and small companies is not size, but attitude. While attitude alone cannot mitigate the challenges faced by midsize ...
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
"Hi there! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up ..."
Opinion: Why national e-health is not for everyone
- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox
- Security Manager's Journal: NAC deployment means better access control at last
- Australian Information Security Association issues blunt warning as National Cyber Security Awareness Week begins
- Why don't risk management programs work?