digital economy - News, Features, and Slideshows
digital economy in pictures
The role of chief digital officer (CDO) is set to invade Australian organisations and could well be at the expense of the CIO, a new report claims.
Organisations looking to successfully deal with the next generation of digital-first customers must quickly embrace new technologies and be willing to innovate products and services in an agile fashion if they’re to retain competitive advantage.
Companies that fail to actively pursue digital technologies and transform their businesses could miss out on up to $106 billion in revenue by 2025, according to a new study released by IBM.
Parliament House in Canberra was buzzing this week as National ICT Australia (NICTA) exhibited the latest broadband, digital economy and technology innnovations. NICTA partnerships with Sydney Water and Infosys were launched on the day.
With the federal election coming in September, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) is continuing to push for national curriculum reform, saying that there needs to be more support for teachers in ICT and efforts to promote tertiary study of technology among high school students.
A recent Boston Consulting Group (BCG) study estimated that, by 2016, the digital economy will contribute 5.5 per cent or $US4.2 trillion dollars to the economies of the G20 countries (from $US2.3 trillion in 2010). The digital economy contributed $US44bn (3.3 per cent of GDP) to the overall Australian economy in 2010 and is expected to grow to $US67bn by 2016.
The Federal Government has called on industry to grow its online presence and e–commerce facilities to help boost Australia’s digital economy.
- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- Router malware: Fact or fiction?
- Los Alamos National Lab's R&D fueling new quantum-crypto firm
- Drupal offers bounty for breaking its new two-factor authentication
- Java, Flash and Reader still PC admins' biggest security headaches
- Telstra strikes Cloud deal with Telkom Indonesia
- Brocade deploys router for new high-speed research network platform
- EXCLUSIVE: Tonnex International falls into liquidation after lengthy court battle
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria (+15 photos)
- Inabox Group revenue reaches $46.9m but profit slips again