Big conferences take you to Las Vegas, feed you well and feature keynotes in lavish ballrooms. Smaller events may lack the glamour but offer much more camaraderie. The end result is a much more productive use of your time, a more valuable group of new colleagues and a more robust to-do list.
- The week in security: Hackers plunder online databases as Trump nominee flags security boost
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Trump nominee suggests IRS cybersecurity and staffing boosts