- 10 Tips for Dealing with a Bully Boss
- What's the Best Android Tablet? Google Nexus vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
- 7 reasons you shouldn't buy the Galaxy Gear smartwatch - and 2 you should
- How to define the scope of a project
- Where is wearable technology heading in 2014?
Oracle has launched the fifth version of its Exadata database appliance, claiming the release provides in many areas double the performance of previous-generation machines.
Helping scientific supercomputing take advantage of emerging big-data technologies, high-performance computing manufacturer Cray is releasing a set of packages promising to optimize the process of running Hadoop on the company's XC30 machines.
Potentially raising the bar on SQL scalability, Facebook has released as open source a SQL query engine it developed called Presto that was built to work with petabyte-sized data warehouses.
Agribusiness giant Monsanto is paying US$930 million to acquire the Climate Corporation, maker of a software platform that crunches weather-related data in order to help farmers more effectively grow crops.
Now that many organizations see the utility in big data, BMC Software has provided a way to incorporate jobs from the Hadoop data processing platform into larger enterprise workflows.
Everybody knows data warehousing is big data. But when you want to understand what's really going on with your customers' social interactions, terabytes may seem small. It's a laborious process, but the insight it provides can reap big rewards.
Seeking to cater to more customer tastes in the increasingly crowded market for large-scale data warehousing and analysis, startup Aster Data Systems on Monday announced a new series of appliances that combine Aster's nCluster database and hardware in a preconfigured package.
Whitepapers about data warehousing
Many IT professionals are drawn by the savings Linux can bring to the data centre but are concerned about the potential uptime and data protection risks that arise from trysting business-critical applications to 'free' or native software. In this collection of case studies, we look at what the biggest challenges of a Linux deployment are and how to best deliver a comprehensive disaster recovery solution that is enterprise class.
Sign up now »
CIOs who want to shift their leadership focus beyond the IT function need to cultivate and emphasise leadership competencies that will equip them to lead effectively at the enterprise level ...
CIOs who want to shift their leadership focus beyond the IT function need to cultivate and emphasise leadership ...
"Thinking about ditching Yahoo altogether and just using my gmail accounts.."
Yahoo Mail still down for some users, after an attempted fix
"If these 200 services are rolled out like some of the existing ..."
Queensland government to provide 200 services online by 2015
"So, because organisations have put Technology Managers into roles and called them ..."
CIOs need to get their house in order, CFO panel says
"big data is the future. Register for Jan 24-26 #BigData Bootcamp-Santa Clara ..."
Is Data Complexity Blinding Your IT Decision-Making?
"There's a lot in what you say that applies to financial markets. ..."
Why IT projects really fail
- Banks shouldn't rely on mobile SMS passcodes, security firm says
- Zeus malware gets 64-bit makeover
- Show us a better way than collecting metadata, NSA director says to critics
- Arizona lawmaker hopes to stop NSA spy efforts in her state
- Juniper: Quick look at security strategy behind its SDN controller security
- Why CMOs can't ignore social media governance
- Jacob's Creek taps into Facebook data for personalised customer greetings
- In Pictures: 12 Big Data predictions for 2014
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report