In IT security, worst case scenarios became commonplace in 2014, and there's no end in sight. Headline-making data breaches will likely continue into this year, as businesses, governments and regulators play catch-up to this threat.
- Surveillance court extends NSA's phone records collection
- Robot apocalypse unlikely, but researchers need to understand AI risks
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- Medium stays firmly anti-password with radical e-mail-based logins
- Cisco plans to buy security-as-a-service provider OpenDNS