cyber security - News, Features, and Slideshows
Professional services firm, Deloitte has launched a crisis management arm in Australia to help organisations deal with disasters from data breaches to an outbreak of Ebola.
The number of reported cyber security incidents globally rose 48 per cent to A$42.8 million in 2013, the equivalent of 117,339 attacks per day, according to PwC’s latest Global State of Information Security Survey.
The Australian Department of Finance is inviting feedback from the IT industry about draft cyber security clauses.
CISOs and CSOs need to start marketing IT security as a “brand” to the business or risk getting left out of business decisions, according to Woolworths group information risk manager Peter Cooper.
Dataweave, Qubit Consulting, Oracle Australia and NTT Communications have been selected by the New South Wales government to deploy an identity management service, which will manage user accounts and passwords.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) could prove to be a best friend to cyber criminals, according to the head of the Australia's National Computer Emergency Response Team (AusCERT).
It may take a major event, such as the undermining of a big four bank or Australia’s national information infrastructure, until the Australian Government dedicates the resources needed to combat cyber security, according to the Australian Federal Police (AFP).
The U.S. White House is determined to follow through on its efforts to make cybersecurity a top priority, despite earlier government efforts that have fallen flat, a top official said Wednesday.
Nations increasingly touched by cyberattacks are still in the very early stages of figuring out how to deal with incidents that could escalate into critical national security threats.
Three cybersecurity groups want to create a network of organizations and people focused on securing the Internet in an effort to combat malicious software.
- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers