- How to Switch From iPhone 5S to BlackBerry Z30 (and Why)
- 10 Tips for Dealing with a Bully Boss
- How to define the scope of a project
- 7 reasons you shouldn't buy the Galaxy Gear smartwatch - and 2 you should
consumer electronics in pictures
Can Google Glass help first responders work more effectively? Firefighters in Amsterdam want to find out, and plan to try out the wearable-of-the-moment in training scenarios and at accident scenes.
Users of the new Kindle for Samsung app will get up to 12 e-books for free a year, as Samsung Electronics joins forces with Amazon.com to boost the content on its mobile devices.
It laughs at splashes, dust and shocks. It eats military-spec drop tests for breakfast. It's ideal for math in the great outdoors.
Just down the street from a cluster of venture capital firms on Silicon Valley's Sand Hill Road is the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, a sprawling, 426-acre site where researchers are pushing the boundaries in physics, chemistry and materials science.
Smartwatches for use on AT&T's network will be out this year, a company executive said Wednesday.
It's an increasingly mobile world -- and the mobile future of Windows is dubious. To better accommodate end users, CIOs would be wise to consider these three alternatives to Windows on the desktop -- Chrome, Android and Ubuntu.
Today's students need a good dose of technology to do their best work. But the market for consumer tech is both crowded and confusing. Before you invest in a laptop--and, yes, you should get your student a laptop--here are 10 important considerations.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
In my lifetime, music has been delivered on vinyl, cassettes, eight-track tapes, CDs, and audio DVDs. How do I listen to it now? Usually with a PC or a smartphone, and occasionally with an MP3 or other media player. I downloaded much of that music or ripped it from CDs, but the rest of it came from LPs and cassettes.
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
The old wisdom that "first-to-market" technology products will win out gets thrown out the window when it comes to smartwatches and some other wearables.
Microsoft's announcement of universal Windows apps demonstrates the company's commitment to improving its share of the tablet and smartphone markets.
A recent report from Cisco predicts that global mobile data traffic, which hit 1.5 exabytes per month in 2013, will be 10 times as high by the end of 2018. Smartphones will drive the bulk of this traffic growth, but the Internet of Things will also play a role.
HTC announced its One M8 smartphone on Tuesday, boasting its premium styling and asserting that it offers the world's best innovations. Those include a dual rear camera for adding depth to photos and a battery with 40% longer life than last year's HTC One M7.
In the last year or so, there has been a noticeable slowdown in innovations in new smartphones -- with both hardware and software. The next direction seems to be making the smartphone the hub for connecting technologies int eh Internet of Things scenario.
Sign up now »
A description and analysis of Facebook Social Graph, monetization opportunities and its value to businesses.
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also ...
"I just switched from an iPhone to a BB Z30 and couldn't ..."
How to Switch From iPhone 5S to BlackBerry Z30 (and Why)
"thanks for your valuable posting, it was very informative i am working ..."
CIOs to Become In-House Brokers -- and That's a Good Thing
"You're right, it's been fixed. Thanks."
The future of computing
"Thanks. To add, Datameer's Analytics tool is named "DAS" and is available ..."
10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
""US-based manufacturer, D-Wave Systems"?!!. Last time I looked, it was Canadian-based!. Can't ..."
The future of computing
- VPN provider proves OpenVPN private keys at risk from Heartbleed bug
- 33 great tips and tricks for iOS 7
- Heartbleed: Security experts reality-check the 3 most hysterical fears
- 19 year-old arrested for attack on Canadian tax agency
- Open source trounces proprietary software for code defects, Coverity analysis finds
- Report: Oracle pushes back against Oregon officials over troubled health care site
- Google Glass to get a workout from Dutch firefighters
- Nokia doesn't want you to get shocked, suspends tablet sales because of faulty charger
- Facebook users targeted by iBanking Android trojan app
- Samsung and Amazon customize Kindle app, offer free e-books
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size