Thanks to government incentives, more healthcare organizations in the United States are implementing Electronic Health Record systems than ever before. But EHR implementation isn't the same as EHR adoption, which requires significant investment in planning, training and personnel.
The Department of Defense (DOD) has begun including the security certification known as "CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner" (CASP) in its accepted roster of industry-based security exams to prove technical skills, the trade group says.
Since the election, the political news cycle has revolved around the impending "fiscal cliff," a perfect storm of tax increases and government spending cuts set to take effect on Jan. 2, 2013. Although the IT industry may not have paid much attention, it's just as susceptible to the policy changes as the rest of the economy.
As Congress continues to debate how it should prevent the federal government and national economy from plummeting off the so-called fiscal cliff at the end of the year, many technology companies - particularly smaller businesses and startups - may be unprepared for the ensuing changes.
Within the next year, almost half of all doctors will be using tablets and other mobile devices to perform everyday tasks, such as accessing patient information in electronic medical records (EMRs), according to the survey by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), a nonprofit group.
Sheryl Sandberg's belief that the women's revolution has 'stalled' and that 'men still run the world' may be true for the tech industry. Women are rejecting IT as a career.
If Congress doesn't avert the fiscal impasse, automatic budget cuts could reduce federal IT spending by $66 billion in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1, according to an analysis by the industry group CompTIA.
Sign up now »
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
Messaging and collaboration platforms have emerged as mission critical applications, consuming a large portion of IT spending for organisations. The rich features in these applications have significantly changed the messaging ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia