Seminole State College in Sanford Fla., near Orlando, graduates about 70 students annually with two-year degrees in its programming and networking programs. Local tech firms have helped to shape the college's courses.
comptia - News, Features, and Slideshows
In 2001, the tech industry employed 6.5 million people. Then the bubble burst, and payrolls shrank dramatically.
The Bring Your Own Device movement was supposed to make employees more productive while saving companies money. But a funny thing is happening on the way to mobile nirvana: Companies aren't doing it, according to a new study by CompTIA.
Many business users say they're fed up with what they perceive as sluggish IT departments, but cringe at the thought of outsourcing to a managed services provider. However, the rise of BYOD, consumer tech and cloud computing may be clearing a path for change.
CompTIA, a 32-year-old tech industry group best known for its IT certifications, is broadening access to it resources by making them free.
The pendulum is in full swing toward employees empowered to make tech choices at work and away from traditional IT departments. A new survey found that workers are seeking self-service IT, driven in large part by cool consumer tech, "freemium" cloud services and an autocratic IT department whose slow, conservative ways aren't able to keep up with the urgent demand of business technology.
A growing backlash threatens to thwart the BYOD trend. The CIO of a large electrical contractor explains why his company will "never have a BYOD environment.'
CompTIA's CertMaster combines principles from neurobiology, cognitive psychology and game studies to help you learn new material and retain it for the long term.
Google, Amazon and Microsoft have all made strategic moves to gain cloud market share -- and the 'cloud wars' are only getting started.
The buzz is all about Big Data and how best to use it to generate actionable intelligence. To do this, companies will need to hire loads of highly trained, highly paid data scientists -- or will they?
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- NSW Supreme Court rules against NBN in TPG Fibre-to-the-Building case
- Enprise Solutions kick-starts Australian expansion with new BDM
- Veritas spin-off takes another step with new APJ leader
- The Australian security appliances market is at its best: IDC Australia
- KPMG and Appian tackle disruption through strategic alliance