As companies adopt more cloud IT services and work with an increasing number of service providers, the tried-and-true IT towers of the past no longer serve their needs. "The old model lacks the clarity of ownership required to drive decisions on as-a-service offerings that span the traditional tower structure," says Steve Keegan, principal with outsourcing consultancy Pace Harmon. "Determining who makes the call isn't straightforward -- the server team, the app team or the database team?"
- Digital transformation forces businesses to rethink cybersecurity
- After MongoDB, ransomware groups hit exposed Elasticsearch clusters
- WhatsApp vulnerability could expose messages to prying eyes, report claims
- Suspected NSA tool hackers dump more cyberweapons in farewell
- Guccifer 2.0, alleged Russian cyberspy, returns to deride US