Clarius Skills Index - News, Features, and Slideshows
A big increase in offshoring IT services to Asia and a slowdown in new tech systems investment has swelled the oversupply of IT workers.
Google Australia is providing funding to 12 Australian universities this year to develop workshops that help high school teachers promote computer science in their curriculums.
There was a shortage of 4600 IT professionals across Australia during the December quarter with skills in data warehousing, business intelligence and SAP technologies remaining in high demand, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Permanent ICT jobs have recorded an increase in Victoria and New South Wales, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Shortages in business analysts and IT support staff have emerged with the expansion of NBN Co being blamed as a contributing factor.
- Local Council ditches multiple vendors for TechnologyOne
- Brennan IT readies $30 million for acquisitions
- Lenovo to pump $5m into A/NZ as part of its IBM x86 server purchase
- Krux appoints data science expert to boost APAC team
- Google Capital leads investment charge in Cloud optical transceiver company