Clarius Skills Index - News, Features, and Slideshows
A big increase in offshoring IT services to Asia and a slowdown in new tech systems investment has swelled the oversupply of IT workers.
Google Australia is providing funding to 12 Australian universities this year to develop workshops that help high school teachers promote computer science in their curriculums.
There was a shortage of 4600 IT professionals across Australia during the December quarter with skills in data warehousing, business intelligence and SAP technologies remaining in high demand, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Permanent ICT jobs have recorded an increase in Victoria and New South Wales, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Shortages in business analysts and IT support staff have emerged with the expansion of NBN Co being blamed as a contributing factor.
- NSA and GCHQ moles feeding Tor Project with bug reports, claims executive director
- MoD lays down cybersecurity challenge to suppliers
- Researchers malware steals Gmail password, online banking data
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Your living room is vulnerable to cyber attacks
- How to understand Twitter's bad new direction
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch
- ThinkPad Yoga 11e review: A hidden Chromebook gem