Clarius Skills Index - News, Features, and Slideshows
A big increase in offshoring IT services to Asia and a slowdown in new tech systems investment has swelled the oversupply of IT workers.
Google Australia is providing funding to 12 Australian universities this year to develop workshops that help high school teachers promote computer science in their curriculums.
There was a shortage of 4600 IT professionals across Australia during the December quarter with skills in data warehousing, business intelligence and SAP technologies remaining in high demand, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Permanent ICT jobs have recorded an increase in Victoria and New South Wales, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Shortages in business analysts and IT support staff have emerged with the expansion of NBN Co being blamed as a contributing factor.
- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- South Korea nuclear operator runs drill after alleged hacker threat
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Tor network offline in coming days due to Possible seizure
- Google looks for partners as it unveils autonomous car prototype
- Apple reopens Russian online store after boosting iPhone 6 price by 35%
- Google wants to turn browser signals of Web encryption upside down
- Decisions, decisions: Choices abound as data center architecture options expand
- Texas Instruments builds an alternative energy for the Internet of Things
- How JustGiving is using social tactics and data to personalise giving
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation