Clarius Skills Index - News, Features, and Slideshows
A big increase in offshoring IT services to Asia and a slowdown in new tech systems investment has swelled the oversupply of IT workers.
Google Australia is providing funding to 12 Australian universities this year to develop workshops that help high school teachers promote computer science in their curriculums.
There was a shortage of 4600 IT professionals across Australia during the December quarter with skills in data warehousing, business intelligence and SAP technologies remaining in high demand, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Permanent ICT jobs have recorded an increase in Victoria and New South Wales, according to the Clarius Skills Index.
Shortages in business analysts and IT support staff have emerged with the expansion of NBN Co being blamed as a contributing factor.
- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow