Data-center and wireless sales led growth at Cisco Systems in its fiscal third quarter, as it saw customers spending more in the U.S. and developing countries but reported continuing weakness in Southern Europe.
Make no mistake: Companies, especially midmarket ones, face a sea change in how they operate when they take up the "Bring Your Own Device" banner. It's not simply letting employees use their personal smartphones, tablets and laptops for work.
Software-defined networking, a set of technologies to help networks better adapt to user needs with less manual effort, may at last be getting the common foundation it has needed for interoperability and efficient development.
Cisco is planning to buy femtocell maker Ubiquisys for US$310 million in cash and retention-based incentives, the company announced on Wednesday.
Alcatel-Lucent is promising more manageable cloud computing through Nuage Networks, an internal startup that is making its formal debut on Tuesday.
There's nothing like face-to-face meetings for really connecting with clients or team members, but with air travel becoming ever more expensive (and ever less pleasant), frequent in-person meetings are becoming less viable for many businesses. That means your best option is usually a videoconference.
Operators and telecom equipment vendors are showing a growing interest in small cells, which aim to give users improved coverage and speeds.
From software defined networking challenges to killing Cius and corporate restricting moves, it was a busy year for Cisco.
Sign up now »
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- Researchers find more versions of digitally signed Mac OS X spyware
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes