CIOs - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIOs in pictures
Some Australian CIOs are more comfortable with keeping IT services in-house rather than using third-party cloud providers, according to an Ovum survey.
One of the biggest obstacles to improving information security within an organisation is the business executives, with the CIO being a big part of the problem, PwC's Global State of Information Security 2014 report has revealed.
IT budgets were slightly down in 2013, with many Australian CIOs seeing their spending decrease throughout the year, according to Gartner.
While CIOs and other senior IT leaders focus on being transformational, half of global businesses say they experience tech performance issues daily. What's the problem and how can IT improve things?
A measure attached to defense funding bill would consolidate government CIO organization structure, grant new budgetary authorities that could align IT more closely with mission objectives.
It seems there's a startup for everything these days. Sure, there are benefits from introducing new, more efficient systems to your enterprise, but there are also technical, financial and practical considerations before signing on with a startup tech company. Here are the pros and cons.
Outstanding CIOs most resemble outstanding CEOs. That was the eye-opening benchmark established when the CIO Executive Council, as part of its Future-State CIO initiative, teamed up with Egon Zehnder International (EZI) two years ago to build a leadership competency assessment for CIOs and senior IT leaders.
To ensure harmony between IT and business management, Jeff Kubacki recommends communication, communication, and more communication.
With a diverse business unit portfolio that includes direct mail, call centres and electronic document management, Salmat CIO David Hackshall is working hard to instil a culture of collaborative knowledge management at the company and turn innovation into efficiency.
Trashing a truck-load of old equipment and physically cleaning up rooms may not be indicative of the average IT transformation project, but the Australian Communication and Media Authority (ACMA) took a ground-up approach to modernising its business processes.
- Industrial software website used in watering hole attack
- North Korea using foreign bases to launch cyberattacks, says HP
- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident
- Why hackers may be stealing your credit card numbers for years
- After celeb hack, Apple patches password guessing weakness in iCloud
- MSPs are in an increasingly fragmented environment: GFI Max
- Dicker Data net profit down 43 per cent in full year results
- Don’t forget devices in unified communications sales: Jabra
- Australian bitcoin company launches first online exchange in United Arab Emirates
- Nutanix raises $US140 million in new funding