Successful CIOs are no longer senior executives who have spent their career in IT and technology chiefs are now firmly entrenched in senior management ranks.
CIOs - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIOs in pictures
Most CIOs are not security experts, but in the board room they need to be. Thanks to the CSO, , they don't have to go it alone. Behind the scenes, they can help prepare the CIO, offering advice on how to interpret the company's threat levels, boiling down the most relevant information and communicating it, early and often, so the C-suite will pay attention.
Some Australian CIOs are more comfortable with keeping IT services in-house rather than using third-party cloud providers, according to an Ovum survey.
NetApp characterises the CIOs of today as “brokers of services”.
One of the biggest obstacles to improving information security within an organisation is the business executives, with the CIO being a big part of the problem, PwC's Global State of Information Security 2014 report has revealed.
It seems there's a startup for everything these days. Sure, there are benefits from introducing new, more efficient systems to your enterprise, but there are also technical, financial and practical considerations before signing on with a startup tech company. Here are the pros and cons.
Outstanding CIOs most resemble outstanding CEOs. That was the eye-opening benchmark established when the CIO Executive Council, as part of its Future-State CIO initiative, teamed up with Egon Zehnder International (EZI) two years ago to build a leadership competency assessment for CIOs and senior IT leaders.
To ensure harmony between IT and business management, Jeff Kubacki recommends communication, communication, and more communication.
With a diverse business unit portfolio that includes direct mail, call centres and electronic document management, Salmat CIO David Hackshall is working hard to instil a culture of collaborative knowledge management at the company and turn innovation into efficiency.
Trashing a truck-load of old equipment and physically cleaning up rooms may not be indicative of the average IT transformation project, but the Australian Communication and Media Authority (ACMA) took a ground-up approach to modernising its business processes.
Whitepapers about CIOs
This handbook has been put together to clearly explain the evolving role of cyber security to anyone in an organisation. You’ll find practical insights and questions you should be asking plus advice on how to transform redundant cyber security approaches into effective ongoing security solutions. •Learn the 11 questions leaders should use to start a conversation with the CIO’s in their organisation •Find out the 10 assumptions commonly that are a danger to implementing adequate security •Plus, get the Cyber Security Checklist which outlines the questions you should be able to answer about your organisation
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking