CIO - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO in pictures
A new CIO has led MTC Australia through a strategic review of its not-for-profit educational organisation.
The CIO of News Limited Australia has set a goal of moving 75 per cent of the organisation’s compute into the cloud by the end of 2015.
UXC Limited has tapped former Service Stream IT exec, Craig Wishart, as its new CIO and CTO.
Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead was once asked what the band's goal was. His response: "Our goal is to make the music only we can make." Like so many other things, this sound bite got me thinking about IT. What is the value only enterprise IT can make?
Study Group is moving its admissions process into the cloud as part of a larger strategy to move away from bespoke systems over the next two to three years.
Confidential company data can make its way onto mobile devices, where it's no longer under the protection of your toughest network defenses. Does that make your data vulnerable? To find out, review some strategies for preventing data loss on mobile devices.
How do you know your employees retain what you teach them in company-required security awareness training? You don't -- unless you regularly test their security savvy and effectively address their mistakes during post-test follow-up sessions.
Consumers are increasingly using their mobile devices to connect to businesses of all shapes and sizes. From optimizing your website to capturing holiday sales on mobile devices, these tips will help improve your mobile marketing strategy.
Healthcare reform in the United States focuses mainly on providing coverage to the uninsured, and odds are good that your company offers health insurance to most employees. However, there are still reporting and security requirements you'll need to deal with -- and you'll have to be a vocal leader to make sure these tasks are a high priority.
Several standards exist for storing large amounts of data in a user's Web browser. Each has its benefits, tradeoffs, W3C standardization status and level of browser support. All are better than cookies.
Face it, you need to get on with your CFO. Here are the five things they want from you.
A growing backlash threatens to thwart the BYOD trend. The CIO of a large electrical contractor explains why his company will "never have a BYOD environment.'
For all the buzz around mobility and BYOD, the entry of new devices into the network poses challenges for federal CIOs, who must tailor policies to address security and usage challenges.
The state of enterprise tech has moved from company-centric to user-centric, and IT leaders -- faced with fickle consumer-business users -- must learn to understand 'the need' not 'the ask.'
Liz Allen, a former Apple marketing executive, has seen the volatile relationship between CMOs and CIOs evolving over the years. CMOs were worshipped and CIOs despised at Apple, but Allen isn't taking sides: 'If you're at odds, your competition is going to win.'
Whitepapers about CIO
Empowered customers are disrupting every industry, and CIOs need to understand how technology management must adapt. This report outlines how disruptive customers can place harsh and unfamiliar demands on institutions, necessitating changes in how they develop, market, sell, and deliver products and services.
- Sony hit with second employee lawsuit over hack
- Keep encrypted files encrypted when you back them up to the cloud
- Point-of-sale malware creators still in business with Spark, an Alina spinoff
- Travel safely with your tech: How to prevent theft, loss and snooping on the road
- U.S. on Sony breach: North Korea did it
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Sony Pictures cancels Christmas day release of 'The Interview' following hacks
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015