CIO - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO in pictures
The CIO of the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Gerry Pennell, had to prepare for an explosion of smartphone use that had never been seen at Olympic events.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has appointed David Whiteing as its new CIO.
The CIO and CMO must align their teams and strategies to achieve business success, according to marketers and IT officials.
Technology executives met in San Francisco this week at a CIO Perspectives event to talk recruiting and to share strategies for hiring and managing top-notch tech talent.
Here are tips from four CIOs and CTOs for cleaning up your IT environment.
Confidential company data can make its way onto mobile devices, where it's no longer under the protection of your toughest network defenses. Does that make your data vulnerable? To find out, review some strategies for preventing data loss on mobile devices.
How do you know your employees retain what you teach them in company-required security awareness training? You don't -- unless you regularly test their security savvy and effectively address their mistakes during post-test follow-up sessions.
Consumers are increasingly using their mobile devices to connect to businesses of all shapes and sizes. From optimizing your website to capturing holiday sales on mobile devices, these tips will help improve your mobile marketing strategy.
Healthcare reform in the United States focuses mainly on providing coverage to the uninsured, and odds are good that your company offers health insurance to most employees. However, there are still reporting and security requirements you'll need to deal with -- and you'll have to be a vocal leader to make sure these tasks are a high priority.
Several standards exist for storing large amounts of data in a user's Web browser. Each has its benefits, tradeoffs, W3C standardization status and level of browser support. All are better than cookies.
A growing backlash threatens to thwart the BYOD trend. The CIO of a large electrical contractor explains why his company will "never have a BYOD environment.'
For all the buzz around mobility and BYOD, the entry of new devices into the network poses challenges for federal CIOs, who must tailor policies to address security and usage challenges.
The state of enterprise tech has moved from company-centric to user-centric, and IT leaders -- faced with fickle consumer-business users -- must learn to understand 'the need' not 'the ask.'
Liz Allen, a former Apple marketing executive, has seen the volatile relationship between CMOs and CIOs evolving over the years. CMOs were worshipped and CIOs despised at Apple, but Allen isn't taking sides: 'If you're at odds, your competition is going to win.'
Rogue cloud services are ripping gaping holes in the security fabric of most companies, putting the CIO in a tough spot. But as the fallout from the Target attack shows, IT and business leaders will go down together if the breach hits the fan.
Whitepapers about CIO
Empowered customers are disrupting every industry, and CIOs need to understand how technology management must adapt. This report outlines how disruptive customers can place harsh and unfamiliar demands on institutions, necessitating changes in how they develop, market, sell, and deliver products and services.
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads