Apple's head of retail and online sales, Angela Ahrendts, has sold almost 70,000 shares of company stock worth approximately $8.7 million since the first of the month, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
CIO role - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO role in pictures
Are you never quite satisfied with your team's results? Do you avoid delegating at all costs, often taking on work that's far below your experience and talent level just because you're certain no one else can do it as well as you can? Are you constantly demanding status updates, progress reports and check-ins? It's time to face the facts: You're a micromanager.
In 1995, author Daniel Goleman released his best-selling book, "Emotional Intelligence." In it he argued that noncognitive skills could be as, or more, important than IQ. Additional research confirmed that people with the highest IQs outperform those with average IQs a only 20 percent of the time.
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
The tools necessary to fostering a collaborative culture are sitting outside your company’s four walls and in the hands of your customers, according to Fairfax’s outgoing CIO, Andrew Lam-Po-Tang.
With their executive power under fire, CIOs need to step out from behind their desks and take a more prominent and visible role both inside and outside their companies.
When a bad CEO goes down, the CIO often goes down with him. The way to save yourself, and your company, is to invest in the analytics technology that gives the CEO the data necessary to make smart business decisions. It doesn't hurt that it also shows why the CIO is more valuable to the CEO than other C-level executives.
Arms flailing in an ocean of customer data, panicky marketers need the CIO to throw them a life line. That is, they need to know what to do with the data.
The relationship between the CIO and CSO (or CISO) can be fraught with tension - and that can be a good thing. Both executives play a critical role in your organization's C-suite, and better understanding these sometimes overlapping roles can only make your business stronger and more secure.
Companies spend tens of thousands of dollars (or more) promoting their brand, trying to create a positive image. Yet often they treat customer support, which can be a customer's first point of contact with the company, as a necessary evil. Many businesses make it difficult for customers to get the help they need -- creating a negative impression.
The journey to the cloud can be fraught with peril and unexpected pitfalls, but many companies have undertaken to make it anyway due to the promised benefits from agility and scalability to cost reduction. IT executives who have successfully navigated the dangers have learned many lessons along the way.
Deanna Wise says her Midwest upbringing taught her to "do what you say you're going to do." So when the 45-year-old CIO committed to leading Dignity Health through a five-year, $1.8 billion deployment of its electronic health records system -- the single most strategic business initiative driving the organization -- she couldn't disappoint the people who were counting on her.
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Exclusive Networks APAC posts bumper growth in first quarter
- Ingram Micro launches professional and training services for Aussie resellers
- Symantec's Holtzhausen to head Veritas channel business across APJ
- Barracuda and Aerohive partner for BYOD security
- Cloud back-up is vital for reseller and MSP profitability: CloudBerry Lab
- Why optimisation is the name of the game at First
- Video, mobile show strong growth in IAB's Q1 online advertising report
- Twitter offers marketers objective-based advertising programs
- Coming to Firefox: Ads based on your browsing history
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door