Enterprises should expect business as usual from RSA in the wake of its being swept up by Dell this week in the largest tech deal ever, with company executives saying it will retain a good deal of autonomy to carry out its strategic plans.
CIO role - News, Features, and Slideshows
CIO role in pictures
The way Pitcher Partners' CIO Bradley Kay talks to the company’s execs has changed dramatically from two years ago.
You may have to kiss a lot of frogs to score your next role
Show a bit of foresight and create a list of things you want to do before you leave your job as a CIO.
Facebook is searching for a new CIO following the announcement Timothy Campos would be leaving the role after nearly six years.
Reconfiguring infrastructures, transitioning to the cloud and cross-training staff are some measures that CIOs and other tech executives have taken to reduce stress in the IT department and improve the business in general.
With their executive power under fire, CIOs need to step out from behind their desks and take a more prominent and visible role both inside and outside their companies.
When a bad CEO goes down, the CIO often goes down with him. The way to save yourself, and your company, is to invest in the analytics technology that gives the CEO the data necessary to make smart business decisions. It doesn't hurt that it also shows why the CIO is more valuable to the CEO than other C-level executives.
When lawmakers passed the most sweeping government IT reform legislation in nearly two decades, federal agency CIOs won significant new budgeting authorities that, along with other provisions, aim to improve efficiencies and reduce waste in the $80 billion federal technology apparatus.
Most CIOs have an inkling that employees in their enterprise have snuck a few applications past the IT department, but a new study by Cisco indicates that they are vastly underestimating the extent that unauthorized apps and services have infiltrated the network.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) formed the CIO Culture Club in March 2013 with the goal of keeping employee engagement high during times of tremendous change in the industry, the company and the IT department. While the name may be a little corny, the club has proven to be extremely valuable to our IT shop.
As federal agencies find themselves awash in data collected through far-flung cloud, mobile and sensor-enabled IT systems, the CIO has a pivotal role to play in establishing sound governance structures.
The average tenure of CIOs has reached 5.8 years, according to CIO's 2015 State of the CIO study, but CIOs are still known for moving around a fair bit. When CIOs transition from one company to another, it's a great time to look into the future, reflect on the past and consider how the CIO's role is changing.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- ABS points finger at IBM over Census outage
- Telstra augments field tech team to improve installation times
- Optus Business partners with Palo Alto Networks in cyber-security play
- Committee recommends greater scrutiny of WA Govt IT contracts
- Perception vs. Reality - Are Australian partners prepared for the next wave of security?
- How terahertz radiation could help brands identify consumers in future
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- IAB appoints News Digital Networks MD as chair
- IGA marketing leader: Purpose and personalisation are critical to competitive success
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 22 September