business intelligence - News, Features, and Slideshows
- 5 ways to get the most out of BI and big data
- Good data the key to responsive change: Baxter Healthcare
- 5 open source BI projects to watch
- What’s stopping you doing big data analysis?
business intelligence in pictures
Companies like Amazon have demonstrated to the world how to successfully leverage corporate knowledge. Why can't you?
Baxter Healthcare has used business intelligence data analysis to reduce errors and enhance customer experience, according to Baxter Healthcare IT director, Marise Hannaford.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
On a recent trip to Silicon Valley, I quickly realised that the term ‘big data’ was not just a hyped up buzzword but indeed a key focus of tech giants and startups alike.
Software provider Actuate is offering a free way for business units to analyze enterprise data and present the results in a format that is easy to understand.
Google Analytics lets organisations of all shapes and sizes measure the performance of their websites. There's a lot of data in there--and even more that you can do with that data once you've extracted it. These tips will help you get started with Google Analytics.
Don't let a few bad reviews or one negative article ruin your reputation with online customers. These three case studies feature companies that faced online reputation challenges, with a look at the results they achieved and the lessons they learned along the way.
Analytics help you find out what brings visitors to your small business website. With that information, you can better design your site to give visitors what they are looking for--and turn them into customers. Here's a primer on linking your site to Google Analytics and getting the most out of the data it gives you.
With its new Fire Phone, Amazon is primarily interested in connecting to its 250 million Amazon and Prime customers with a phone that makes it quick and easy to shop over the Web.
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
Brian A. Haugabrook, interim CIO at Valdosta State University in Georgia, deployed analytics tools that enable faculty and staff to identify students who need extra help. The effort paid off with higher graduation rates.
Some Excel tips and tricks for manipulating dates, and for getting data into the format you need, are also ready for your R pleasure.
Ever since President Obama signed the Open Data Executive Order, government agencies have been making their vast data stores available to the public. These once-secret data sets are proving a valuable business resource, too.
Whitepapers about business intelligence
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
- Despite shocks, organisations still not making security a continuous process: Bussiere
- Analysis skills lacking as security data piles up, consultant warns
- Virtual servers still face real security threats
- Is Bring Your Own Identity a security risk or advantage?
- Insecure Connections: Enterprises hacked after neglecting third-party risks
- Newcastle Council deploys TechnologyOne enterprise solution
- Vodafone re-allocates 850MHz 4G spectrum a week after Telstra and Optus 700MHz launch
- Sitecore tackles Western Australia with Velrada partnership
- Email to make way for automation: KPMG
- Huawei targets European football clubs with FanPlay partnership
- Scott Brinker: Technology is now as much a part of marketing as creative
- Rip Curl rides wearable wave with smartwatch for surfers
- Defending Facebook, OkCupid says it also runs user-behavior tests
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships