And why “customer-centric” is a silly strategy
big data - News, Features, and Slideshows
Applying machine learning techniques to cancer problems is a challenging task, says a leading control theorist.
Telstra on Monday announced it has acquired Australian application development and consulting and managed services provider, Readify.
MapR Technologies' new Spyglass Initiative is an open and extensible approach designed to centralized monitoring of big data deployments.
There’s “an awful lot of black art” in the discipline says Professor Bob Williamson, chief scientist of CSIRO’s Data 61 group.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Got privacy? You may think you do, but a recent experiment by a Russian photographer suggests otherwise.
An advisory board for the NSW Data Analytics Centre (DAC) has been established to provide strategic advice and guide the future direction of the centre’s priorities.
Half of Australian businesses plan to increase salaries for their existing IT employees by an average of 6.7 per cent this year, with select specialist roles to benefit most due to growing demand. Find out which five IT roles win 'most improved pay cheque' in 2016.
For an industry that quite literally relies on speed and efficiency, growing capability in big data and networking has raised the already-high stakes for Red Bull’s Formula 1 racing team.
David Gee lists his top six all too common questions that CIOs don't like being asked.
What do scientists know about everyday business challenges? A lot more than you think, according to a new report. Deloitte Analytics Trends 2016 report has found data analytics in the science world can help solve business problems.
It’s one thing to understand the principles of big data analytics, but it’s another to ensure projects are successful.
Companies doing data analytics next year will focus on refining data, move away from filling huge data warehouses, and start using external sources to gain richer insights, according to analysts.
The research firm predicts the market for big data technology and services will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 23.1 percent through 2019.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- FBI to lead nation's cyberattack responses