The recent Demo Traction event showcased a host of young companies that are gaining market momentum. Each gave their pitch and then answered to a panel of judges. If it is important for you to stay on the up and up with emerging technologies, this is must watch stuff.
big data - News, Features, and Slideshows
Most financial service firms, which includes banking and insurance companies, are engaged in a big data project to increase the pace of innovation and uncover game-changing business outcomes. The pressing challenge now is how to drive more continuous value and unearth opportunities more rapidly.
In these heady days of Big Data, a lot of organisations treat data collection like a Pokémon game: Gotta catch it all. But Dane Atkinson, CEO of cross-platform marketing analytics specialist, SumAll, says most organizations need to think wide, not big, when it comes to data.
A lot of security processes failed during the breach of Target's systems during last year's holiday season, but one surprising revelation was that the retailer actually did receive security alerts about the malware in its system. Yet because the security team was bombarded with alerts -- estimated at hundreds per day -- it couldn't adequately prioritize them.
Big data and analytics in 2015 will be less about collecting everything and anything and more about focusing on the most relevant data for actionable insights, according to analysts.
Anant Jhingran is no fan of the term 'data scientist.'
As data volumes grow, figuring out how to unlock value becomes vastly important. Hadoop enables the processing of large data sets in a distributed environment and has become almost synonymous with big data. Here are 10 startups with solutions for unlocking big data value.
With the help of DigiWorksCorp, the Norman Rockwell Museum leveraged its transactional data and big data analytics to increase second-time purchasers by 150 percent and revenue by 49 percent.
Ever since President Obama signed the Open Data Executive Order, government agencies have been making their vast data stores available to the public. These once-secret data sets are proving a valuable business resource, too.
Job applicant tracking systems capture massive amounts of info on candidates. But all that data doesn't help if the best candidates aren't able or willing to complete the process. Going more simple and streamlined can make it easier to find talent.
The leading minds in sports convened in Boston last week at the annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference to share ideas about how big data will be a game-changer for fans, players, coaches, officials and front-office personnel.
Informatica is aiming to ease the pain of data integration with a new platform designed to allow businesses to rapidly prototype and validate before sending projects to development.
MapR's latest Hadoop distribution includes support for Hadoop 2.2 with YARN, but is also backward compatible with the MapReduce 1.x scheduler, promising organizations a risk-free upgrade path to the latest Hadoop architecture.
Marketing organizations are continuing to increase their budgets for big data marketing initiatives, but most are focusing on technology, not talent. That could be a costly mistake.
Red Hat's core business isn't software. It's actually customer service, and in order to take it to the next level the company turned to a domestic outsourcing provider to solve customer problems before they happen using predictive big data analytics.
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking