If you want to understand what it takes to collect, track and analyze reams of data, just check the weather. There are constant fluctuations, scores of data points and intense interest from all over the planet. Analyze the data correctly and someone in the state of Washington knows whether or not to wear a raincoat. Do it poorly and there might be a massive traffic pileup from people driving too fast on slick roads.
- How a burglar can make a copy of your door key, from a Facebook picture
- Private I: Hijacked DNS puts iOS virtual private networks at slight risk
- Attackers abuse legacy routing protocol to amplify distributed denial-of-service attacks
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 2
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds