In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The EU and US reportedly reach data-transfer deal
- Lenovo patches two high severity flaws in PC support tool
- How BalaBit adapted machine learning to secure privileged account 'blind spot'
- U.S. court rules that FBI can hack into a computer without a warrant