In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- SendGrid resets passwords as investigation reveals deeper breach
- Encryption and key management at heart of great infosec say Thales
- WordPress quickly patches second critical vulnerability
- Can funding open source bug bounties save Europe from mass-surveillance?
- Second HTTPS snooping flaw breaks security for thousands of iOS apps