In the first of a two part series, CIO looks at the history of the chief information officer; when the role came into being and why many CIOs are still considered technology boffins rather than business strategists.
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Trump nominee suggests IRS cybersecurity and staffing boosts
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps