The Australian Federal Police and Australia Post are among several organisations across 22 countries that have been targeted by TorrentLocker, a crypo-ransomware that spreads via spam messages.
Australian Federal Police - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police will conduct a raid of offices at Parliament House today as part of an investigation into leaked NBN Co documents, senior Labor shadow minister Stephen Conroy has revealed.
Shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus said confidence in the independence of the police had been undermined following a raid last night on the Melbourne office of Labor Senator Stephen Conroy.
David Jones is the second retailer to announce a security breach in as many days, admitting on Friday that a third party exploited a vulnerability in its website to extract information about some customers.
Australia could become a beachhead of cyber security capabilities into Asia due to our stable ICT and economic environment and comparatively high level of trust compared to our neighbours in the region.
It may take a major event, such as the undermining of a big four bank or Australia’s national information infrastructure, until the Australian Government dedicates the resources needed to combat cyber security, according to the Australian Federal Police (AFP).
Cyber criminals have changed tack in their ongoing scam campaign against banks, moving to the use of government agencies to gain the trust of unsuspecting email recipients.
- Was the Dyn DDoS attack actually a script kiddie v. PSN?
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Why marketers need to embrace the power of location
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
- Unruly founder: What marketing leaders can learn about courage from entrepreneurs
- Shingy: Reflect culture back to consumers through your brand content and experiences
- HelloFresh uses data analysis to optimise fresh meal delivery experience worldwide