australian computer society - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Federal government’s Intergenerational Report failed to address the critical issue of digital skills, which are now the foundation for a successful economy, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) said on Friday.
ACS chief operations officer Andrew Johnson has been promoted to CEO, two months after former CEO Alan Patterson resigned.
The Australian Computer Society hit out at a recommendation of the government-commissioned review of the Australian school curriculum that the 'technologies' subject should be introduced at Year 9 as an elective for students.
Flinders University’s CIO professor Richard Constantine won the CIO of the Year award at the 2014 iAwards dinner in Melbourne last Friday night.
Large numbers of high school staff teaching ICT are not formally qualified, which may have contributed to the drop in students studying technology courses at universities and colleges over the past 12 years.
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument