The Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) has defended Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) staff who worked on the 2016 Census saying they displayed a high level of professionalism “under difficult circumstances and significant funding pressures.”
Australian Bureau of Statistics - News, Features, and Slideshows
Two senior IBM staff have "resigned with immediate effect" following the Census debacle, according to reports.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics has blamed Denial of Service attacks originating from overseas for the outage which hit the census website last night. But security experts have expressed their doubts.
The Federal Government will invest around $250 million over five years to modernise IT infrastructure and statistical analysis processes at the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
Monthly jobs growth continues to bounce up and down like a super ball - but the ball is bouncing higher.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is to set up a massive data processing centre by September next year ahead of the August 2011 Census of Population and Housing.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is looking to get a better handle over the 600 or so applications used across its PCs and notebooks.
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Which vendors are winning the fight for Internet of Things supremacy?
- ABS points finger at IBM over Census outage
- Telstra augments field tech team to improve installation times
- Optus Business partners with Palo Alto Networks in cyber-security play
- Committee recommends greater scrutiny of WA Govt IT contracts
- How this university team is improving email marketing on a shoestring budget
- How terahertz radiation could help brands identify consumers in future
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- IAB appoints News Digital Networks MD as chair
- IGA marketing leader: Purpose and personalisation are critical to competitive success