Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia in pictures
Vodafone seeks more clarity on how the data retention legislation introduced today will apply to machine-to-machine (M2M) data, among other questions.
Microsoft TechEd arrived this week in Sydney with a brand new format.
The mayor of Adelaide has predicted that the Internet of Things will bring “huge efficiencies” to Australia’s fifth largest city.
The Lord Mayor of Perth has embraced big data to help the city better plan for population growth and make smarter infrastructure decisions.
ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
C-level executives are more aware than ever about threats to information security.
In the week of the 40th Anniversary of the lunar landing CIO brings you five great Australian achievements in space, courtesy of Dr Miriam Baltuck, director of the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC).
- Symantec outs Regin, a stealthy and modular spy tool
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Microsoft turns to robotic security guards to watch for trouble
- DDoS attacks swamping media and entertainment firms, Verisign reports
- Police arrest 16 people for alleged Remote Access Trojan hacking