Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia in pictures
Vodafone seeks more clarity on how the data retention legislation introduced today will apply to machine-to-machine (M2M) data, among other questions.
Microsoft TechEd arrived this week in Sydney with a brand new format.
The mayor of Adelaide has predicted that the Internet of Things will bring “huge efficiencies” to Australia’s fifth largest city.
The Lord Mayor of Perth has embraced big data to help the city better plan for population growth and make smarter infrastructure decisions.
ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
C-level executives are more aware than ever about threats to information security.
In the week of the 40th Anniversary of the lunar landing CIO brings you five great Australian achievements in space, courtesy of Dr Miriam Baltuck, director of the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC).
- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- South Korea nuclear operator runs drill after alleged hacker threat
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Tor network offline in coming days due to Possible seizure
- Google looks for partners as it unveils autonomous car prototype
- Apple reopens Russian online store after boosting iPhone 6 price by 35%
- Google wants to turn browser signals of Web encryption upside down
- Decisions, decisions: Choices abound as data center architecture options expand
- Texas Instruments builds an alternative energy for the Internet of Things
- How JustGiving is using social tactics and data to personalise giving
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation