Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia in pictures
The mayor of Adelaide has predicted that the Internet of Things will bring “huge efficiencies” to Australia’s fifth largest city.
The Lord Mayor of Perth has embraced big data to help the city better plan for population growth and make smarter infrastructure decisions.
ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
Two Australians will serve on the group overseeing the process that will result in an end to the US government's role in overseeing the Domain Name System (DNS).
People living in North America are the saddest and angriest of all nations while Australians are the most joyful but fearful.
C-level executives are more aware than ever about threats to information security.
In the week of the 40th Anniversary of the lunar landing CIO brings you five great Australian achievements in space, courtesy of Dr Miriam Baltuck, director of the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC).
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
- Cancer Research UK: ‘We thought the #nomakeupselfie campaign was a DDoS attack'
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers