ASX - News, Features, and Slideshows
ASX in pictures
2014 was an eventful year for CIOs, with many starting new initiatives in mobility, wearables, machine learning and tapping into open data. Many CIOs also decided to change jobs and move to greener pastures.
The finance sector is under increased scrutiny for its use of social media, with regulators expected to fine-tune Australian laws, matching trends that are already in place in the UK and US.
Why are so many CIOs seen as nothing more than operational managers? Is it a distrust of ICT? Is it a lack of understanding? Or is it a mindset that refuses to evolve over time?
Customers in the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) data centre, Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC), can now connect to the SGX data centre in Singapore via the ASX’s low latency network, Net Global.
The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) is considering an expansion of its Net Global service into two overseas financial centres by 2015.
- The week in security: DDoS rising in Australia, US warns on IoT security
- Make sure ex-employees don’t walk out the door with your data
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Smart Lock for Chromebooks: Pair a phone and you can skip the password
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors