Applications | Project Management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Hallmark Cards and others are applying portfolio management tools to run consumer product development and seeing competitive advantage.
Project management experts discuss sure-fire ways to delay or derail a project and - more importantly -how you can avoid these common project management pitfalls.
Everyone's afraid. You can't read an article, watch a news broadcast or speak to another human being without tasting the fear. We all may agree that we'd be stupid not to be cautious, but smart leaders are working to mitigate fear and move their organizations forward.
"Technology is easy. People are tough."
It's the time of year for bold and brazen predictions, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon with my forecast of the Top 10 trends, priorities and events of 2011:
Getting new products to market on time is critical, especially for a business that is seasonal. In order to improve new product development and delivery Trek Bicycle implemented a project management tool that is keeping teams better connected, collaborating and creative.
If IT project managers were granted three wishes by the IT genie, what would they wish for? Here are the seven desires you'd find on the list.
A good--or bad--project manager can make the difference between a project coming in on time and on budget and it being a failure. How can you spot a good project manager? CIO.com talked to experts and IT executives to find out.
- Cisco gains strength in next-gen firewalls via Sourcefire code
- Phishing attacks take £30 million toll as UK online bank fraud rises
- Wikileaks outs latest FinFisher 'government spyware' that anti-virus can't spot
- Many Android devices vulnerable to session hijacking through the default browser
- ANZ businesses suffer 29 data-loss events every day: Check Point
- Telstra launches communications initiatives for disabled Australians
- Australian Information Industry Association backs changes to ESOP
- Blackline appoints APAC GM to lead ambitious growth plan
- Fletcher lays down NBN strategy to address communications "equity"
- ACCAN unveils Digital Business Kit for SMBs
- Adopting mobile marketing for the masses
- Report: Consumers worry more about privacy even as they share personal info online
- Anytime Fitness looks to bring on first CMO
- Don't drop leadership intuition for data analytics, says Accenture researcher
- Optus claims world-first with Facebook trending campaign launching pre-paid offer