Anne Weatherston - News, Features, and Slideshows
Anne Weatherston in pictures
Former ANZ Bank CIO, Anne Weatherston, has joined the board of ASX-listed mobile payment company Mint Wireless.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
ANZ today announced the appointment of Alistair Currie as group chief operating officer (COO).
The ANZ Banking Group will not be introducing Cloud computing until the industry evolves and consistency of data placed in the Cloud can be assured, according to chief information officer, Anne Weatherston.
Like most Year 10 girls, Rebekah Eden never planned on a career in the IT industry. Popular culture had conditioned her to believe that IT was all about lonely individuals hunched over computers for hours and hours on end. Instead, her studies were taking her towards a preferred career in forensic science. It was exposure to the industry through a week-long EXITE (Exploring Interest in Technology and Engineering) camp organised by IBM that changed her mind. During that week she was shown different aspects of the IT industry, from programming robots to developing websites. The experience completely changed her mind.
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
- How the FIDO Alliance's U2F could simplify two-factor authentication
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Section 313: Federal police used website blocking to tackle malware
- Microsoft warns of Windows zero-day; hackers serve exploits in PowerPoint files
- ACCC rebuffs Telstra's rivals on wholesale pricing
- Bunnings drives productivity with iPod Touch rollout
- World's first 3D full-body scanning booth to create custom you figurines