Anne Weatherston - News, Features, and Slideshows
Anne Weatherston in pictures
Former ANZ Bank CIO, Anne Weatherston, has joined the board of ASX-listed mobile payment company Mint Wireless.
Shifting ANZ Banking Group from an Australian and New Zealand centric bank to a super-regional Asia Pacific financial services entity while implementing new technology is Anne Weatherston’s top priority for the next five years.
While CBA CIO Michael Harte has dismissed data sovereignty and security excuses used by businesses not to move to the cloud as “absolute garbage”, over at ANZ, CIO Anne Weatherston has taken a different approach to cloud adoption.
ANZ today announced the appointment of Alistair Currie as group chief operating officer (COO).
The ANZ Banking Group will not be introducing Cloud computing until the industry evolves and consistency of data placed in the Cloud can be assured, according to chief information officer, Anne Weatherston.
Like most Year 10 girls, Rebekah Eden never planned on a career in the IT industry. Popular culture had conditioned her to believe that IT was all about lonely individuals hunched over computers for hours and hours on end. Instead, her studies were taking her towards a preferred career in forensic science. It was exposure to the industry through a week-long EXITE (Exploring Interest in Technology and Engineering) camp organised by IBM that changed her mind. During that week she was shown different aspects of the IT industry, from programming robots to developing websites. The experience completely changed her mind.
- Home Depot breach put 56 million payment cards at risk, company says
- China says US hacking accusations are 'totally groundless'
- Ig Nobels promise scientific silliness – which is kind of the point
- BitTorrent Bleep's serverless, peer-to-peer messaging enters public alpha
- Here's the first iPhone 6 sold at the Sydney city store
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- Queensland Government appoints Interactive Intelligence to ICT Service Panel
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- Microsoft boards-up research lab amid more layoffs
- Future spacesuits could act like protective second skin
- Virginia Tech researchers devise traffic app to rival weather apps
- Lens-less camera, costing pennies, brings vision to the Internet of Things
- SAP buying Concur for $8.3 billion to boost cloud portfolio
- AAMI insures social media marketing with real-time content
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes