China's Baidu has long dominated the country's search market. But a local rival to the company is bolstering its own search services with the help of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group.
Not everything on YouTube is free any more. The video-sharing website will now charge users a monthly fee to view certain content offered through subscription channels, the Google-owned site announced Thursday.
A lawsuit against Google's customer service practices in Germany is looming after the company declined to sign a document promising German consumer organizations to start answering customer emails individually.
The head of the advertising coalition at the forefront of the policy debate over new privacy protections for consumers blasted browser makers Microsoft and Mozilla at a Senate hearing Wednesday for derailing cross-industry work developing a feature allowing Internet users to opt out of behavioral tracking.
Google's rivals have been given one month to assess the search giant's proposed remedies, the European Commission announced Thursday.
The A/B testing process lets you determine what words, phrases, images or other elements of a Web page lead to the most sales conversions. To help you improve your online market strategy, this article provides an overview of the A/B process and offers some hints for improving your copywriting.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
Sign up now »
The most comprehensive assessment of the current state of enterprise application quality and testing practices available from around the world. With our 1550 respondents, Capgemini, HP & Sogeti bring you ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes