Microsoft’s push into the connected car market continued Wednesday when it unveiled a new patent licensing program aimed at crafting deals for carmakers and other companies.
Mobile/Wireless/Convergence / News
Nvidia's next big chip called Xavier is headed first to self-driving cars, and the company is working with Bosch to develop such systems.
The concept vehicle is designed by Chinese startup Nio and offers a glimpse of the company's dream for the future of autonomous, connected travel.
Intel is buying autonomous-car tech company Mobileye to advance its position as a major player in the self-driving car industry.
Blackberry is claiming its in-vehicle platform, QNX, is safe and the company's not aware of any attacks or exploits after WikiLeaks released CIA documents referencing the OS as a "potential mission area" for hacking.
Apple and SAP are looking to foster a new breed of enterprise iOS developers by simplifying backend systems integrations and moving business services to the cloud.
The all-electric Trezor borrows technology from Renault's Formula E race cars and can go from 0 to 100km/h in less than 4 seconds.
It's rare that software engineers are lauded as the heroes of anything, but Roborace CEO Denis Sverdlov wants to change that.
As the fruits of a relationship forged last May, Apple and SAP will offer developer tools and training to build iOS apps for the enterprise.
The road to develop self-driving cars might be paved with lawsuits. Waymo, a spin-off from Google's self-driving car initiative, is suing Uber for allegedly stealing its trade secrets.
In a letter to shareholders, Tesla said it will finalize plans for three more Gigafactories to produce solar panels and lithium-ion battery packs for electric cars, as well as home and business energy storage systems.
Even as self-driving car technology quickly evolves, technologists and lawmakers are still grappling with a big problem: In the event of an accident, who's to blame?
More than 70 per cent of the Optus network will be able to access its new 4.5G network within the next 12 months, the company said today.
One focus will be on developing universal standards for wireless communications between vehicles and sensors on traffic signals, highway lanes and other road infrastructure.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is again using his bully pulpit to hype augmented reality and tease the company’s plans. What’s got Cook so fired up about AR?
Ford plans to invest $1 billion over the next five years in Argo AI, an artificial intelligence startup that will help develop a virtual driver system for the automaker’s autonomous vehicle coming in 2021.
Researchers at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology have come up with an algorithm that allows autonomous and manually-driven cars to share the road.
Uber signed a partnership with Daimler that will let the automaker introduce and operate its own self-driving cars on Uber’s ride sharing network.
Ford’s new SmartLink system includes a 4G LTE-enabled OBD II plug-in device and a companion App and Web Portal used to activate various wireless features.
The Department of Transportation has designated 10 proving ground pilot sites to encourage testing and information sharing about automated vehicle technologies, including optimal big data usage.
HCL Australia’s service delivery director, Emmanuel Steve Dulvin, speaks about his career, lessons learned and the technologies that will drive the IT services industry in 2017.
- Totem streetlight poles to combine wireless with power on city streets
- Mingis on Tech: All about the new Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5 Plus: Economy class that gets you there (with video)
- Banks ill-equipped for proposed APRA data demands
- Williams Martini crunch biometrics for Formula 1's peak pit-stop performance
- Consultant urges never pay ransomware demands
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
- 4 steps to ensuring your company fails successfully
- Jaywing sets sights on Australian growth with digital and data-driven agency model
- How National Geographic is innovating its brand with purpose
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 23 March
- 5 ways to create great real-time marketing campaigns