There's a hybrid device for everyone, but to find the model that is right for you, consider these five things before you buy.
Mobile/Wireless/Convergence / Features
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 offers a fresh design for the enterprise, without sacrificing productivity and functionality. But as a device trying to be two things at once, there are some downsides.
Turning your Android smartphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot means you always have a secure, private connection on the go. Here’s how to do it.
The Galaxy S8 is expected to be released this spring, but leaked information suggests we will see an new design from Samsung.
Once simply a box to tick off for CIOs evaluating collaboration solutions, Dropbox has become a serious competitor to Box, Microsoft, Facebook and Slack. News Corp. CIO Dominic Shine explains why.
IBM's MobileFirst for iOS initiative is now well into its third year. The head of the program and two of its customers talk to CIO.com about progress, challenges and plans for 2017.
While 2-in-1 hybrids are on the rise, traditional tablets are still the top choice for casual use and entertainment. Here are five tablets that fans are hoping will get a refresh in 2017.
A new year means new smartphones, and it looks like 2017 will be the year of bezel-free and waterproof designs.
After using Surface Book i7 with Performance Base every day for a moth, senior writer Sarah K. White offers her impression of the Surface Book 2.
Rumors are flying about the next big thing in the tablet hybrid market. Here are six devices we hope to see in 2017.
Every year technology gets more sophisticated and that couldn't be more true for hybrid tablets in 2016. These multipurpose devices range in form factor, performance and price. Here are the 10 most-read tablet articles from 2016.
Apple can no longer ignore cries of help from its enterprise customers. Call them marriages of necessity, but Apple is striking corporate deals that make it more friendly to CIOs. We look at five of those partnerships.
Get a new laptop as a gift and want to turn your old computer into some crisp Benjamins? These 10 online services and apps are all viable options, though each has its strengths, depending on what you hope to sell.
As mobile competition heats up, Nokia is betting that advanced data analytics and machine learning will help wireless carriers optimize their customer service.
Apple's longtime lock on the education market began to fall apart when Google first introduced Chromebooks more than five years ago. Here's how Google swept in and started to push Apple out.
Microsoft, Best Buy, Staples and other retailers roll out the Windows laptop and tablet offers for Black Friday 2016
If the Wi-Fi in your home workspace or small office isn't as fast or reliable as it could be, your productivity will suffer. This guide to home office Wi-Fi covers everything you need to know to maximize your wireless experience.
Apple this week introduced new MacBook Pros with 'Touch Bars' that hint at Apple's future strategy for touch tech in macOS. However, the price of the refreshed laptops might put them out of reach for many enterprises.
Wi-Fi is often difficult to use, which kills productivity on the road, and it costs businesses nearly $3 billion a year.
Apple and IBM this week released their first iOS app for academia. IBM Watson Element for Educators is designed to blend student data with curriculum and cognitive technology to improve and enhance personalized education for K-12 students.
HCL Australia’s service delivery director, Emmanuel Steve Dulvin, speaks about his career, lessons learned and the technologies that will drive the IT services industry in 2017.
- Totem streetlight poles to combine wireless with power on city streets
- Mingis on Tech: All about the new Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5 Plus: Economy class that gets you there (with video)
- Banks ill-equipped for proposed APRA data demands
- Williams Martini crunch biometrics for Formula 1's peak pit-stop performance
- Aussie businesses want an open IoT ecosystem
- Broadband connections get timely turnaround treatment
- Accenture launches Liquid Studio in Sydney for innovation push
- Dimension Data wins $4.8M IT deal from the Department of Social Services
- Melbourne cloud migration specialist to acquire WA's Cirralto Business Services
- Consultant urges never pay ransomware demands
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
- 4 steps to ensuring your company fails successfully
- Jaywing sets sights on Australian growth with digital and data-driven agency model
- How National Geographic is innovating its brand with purpose
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 23 March
- 5 ways to create great real-time marketing campaigns