- 5 security practices hackers say make their lives harder
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- NASA CIO allows HPE contract to expire, refuses to sign-off on authority to operate
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Apple patches iOS against potent zero-day spyware attack
News, Features, and Interviews
Today's disconnected, high-latency sensors and processors in vehicles will have to be replaced by centralized, high-power networks that can deliver integrated decision-making for effective collision avoidance.
AAA found that auto braking system response varied greatly among car models. Those designed to prevent accidents successfully avoided collisions in 60% of test scenarios.
Delphi, a maker of software, sensors, cameras and radar for the auto industry, is partnering with real-time mapping provider Mobileye to build a fully autonomous driving module that automakers could install in their vehicles as soon as 2019.
Hyundai's president confirmed his company may work with Google in developing an autonomous car because Google is not "as familiar with vehicles."
At a time when Tesla is rolling out sophisticated autonomous driving features, Ford believes the industry is not ready for consumer vehicles that can safely drive themselves.
Electric cars would meet the needs of nine out of 10 drivers today, enabling the replacement of most combustion-engine vehicles, according to an MIT study of U.S. driving patterns.
Google shared information on the best new security features in its next major mobile OS update, Android 7.0 'Nougat,' including a faster direct boot, streamlined software updates and enhanced integration with corporate directories.
Ford today announced plans to have a high-volume, fully autonomous self-driving car in commercial operation in 2021 for ride-hailing or ride-sharing services.
Ford and China's leading search engine provider have invested a combined $150M in a Silicon Valley maker of LiDAR technology, which enables cars to identify objects around them in order to autonomously navigate.
Audi announced today that 2017 models will have vehicle-to-infrastructure wireless connectivity, letting drivers know the time remaining until a signal will change
The Logitech ZeroTouch is a mount for Android smartphones that promises to enhance voice control while driving. However, it's too buggy to be truly useful.
As automakers move in the direction Tesla pioneered with autonomous driving, a question arises: Is this really a good thing? Senior Writer Lucas Mearian gets into gear with Executive News Editor Ken Mingis about what's going on.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Perpetual promotes GM of marketing to executive leadership ranks
- How Next Gen Clubs created a customer-based digital marketing strategy
- Apple may be too late to make a big social impact
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 25 August