Mobile/Wireless/Convergence News, Features, and Interviews
CIOs have big ideas for marketing and customer experience using sensors and analytics.
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) sees a future where its 7,500 staff can access technology services anywhere from any unmanaged, web-connected device, as the organisation re-engineers its back-end systems to support a mobility strategy.
Australia’s big three telcos are being targeted in class action lawsuits relating to late payment fees imposed on their customers.
Today Thalmic Labs, maker of the upcoming Myo gesture controlled armband, announced four new enterprise-focused partnerships.
Android has the edge over Apple in tablet sales for the first time in Australia, according to a Telsyte report on the six-month period ending 30 June.
One truly valuable thing about Apple's proprietary Lightning plug/port for newer iPhones, iPads and iPods is that you never have to check to make sure you're plugging it in the right way; it fits whether it's right side up or upside down.
Microsoft's strategy for providing customers with identity management options is increasingly reliant on cloud-based methods of authentication and access control for provisioning of Windows-based mobile devices as well as Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
How mad does Comcast make its customers? So mad that a New Mexico women recently pulled a gun on a Comcast tech, and a man famously made a recording of a ludacrous conversation with a Comcast service rep who wouldn't let him cancel his service. Then there's the customer who was so sure that a Comcast service rep was lying he recorded their conversation and eventually used the recording to prove he'd been lied to -- or at the very least, seriously misled.
Smart parking, lighting and waste management could soon be coming to Canberra, according to the ACT government official leading the city’s digital city initiative.
Google announced that book buyers in three metropolitan areas in the U.S. will be able to order books from local Barnes & Noble stores and get them delivered the same day with Google Shopping Express, the company's fledgling online shopping and delivery service.
- Researchers malware steals Gmail password, online banking data
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Your living room is vulnerable to cyber attacks
- Three easy ways to separate work and play on the same PC
- Spammers top spoofing targets are still finance and travel industries
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch
- ThinkPad Yoga 11e review: A hidden Chromebook gem
- Carmakers put Apple's CarPlay in the slow lane