Optus says the project that brought mobile phone coverage into Sydney's train tunnels was 15 years in the making.
Mobile vendors are pushing technologies that split a smartphone into two separate platforms for business and personal data. Problem solved, right? Not so fast. It's still easy for employees to circumvent the two worlds.
While Microsoft may be eager to sell its “re-imagined” Windows 8 to enterprises, Forrester research reveals that IT leaders are not keen to move onto the operating system any time soon.
Integrating Google Wallet with Gmail makes sending and receiving funds as easy as sending an email. Here's what you need to know about the new feature.
Microsoft has revealed that Australians will be able to purchase Microsoft Surface Pro tablets from 30 May.
CIOs are not delivering on mobile business apps as fast as they could be, according to a global survey conducted by IT market research firm Vanson Bourne.
Google's new Play Music All Access streaming service isn't available in Australia, the company has confirmed.
VMware has partnered with Verizon to offer dual persona smartphones for Verizon enterprise customers. It's currently available on two Android-based phones, but more Android devices and iOS support are expected soon.
From the always-on salesperson to the clock-punching hourly worker, companies will need to weigh the pros and cons of including each worker type in a BYOD program.
Fighting denial-of-service attacks has become a matter of survival for some businesses that find their websites getting smashed and network flooded by attackers. Online gaming company SG Interactive says it's under constant attack and the only way to keep going is to set up an anti-DDoS defense.
The BlackBerry Q5 is an entry-level smartphone with a physical, QWERTY keyboard.
Windows 8 won't be adopted as a standard at your business anytime soon, according to a new Forrester report. But that doesn't mean IT shouldn't prepare for it to sneak through the BYOD side door. Here are five ways to be ready for Windows 8.
Sign up now »
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
As users bring multiple devices to the workplace, IT departments need to have a single view of all their mobile devices. Find out how to build a secure and reliable ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Microsoft may be scanning your Skype messages
- Researchers find critical vulnerabilities in popular game engines
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB