Security firm Norman, investigating cyber-espionage-related to a Norwegian telecom company, the Pakastani government and others, says a lot of its findings lead to the word "Appin," which happens to be the name of a security outfit in India whose website indicates it does work for the Indian military.
NextDC (ASX: NXT) has received a quality management system certification from the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO).
The Obama administration this week teamed with Cisco, Microsoft, HP and others to roll out what it called an "IT Training and Certification Partnership" designed to get thousands of service members into the information technology world.
Google this month paid a security researcher $31,336 for reporting a trio of bugs in Chrome.
Seven years ago today, Twitter was born when the first tweet was sent out, marking the arrival of a new way to communicate online. As long as you did so in less than 140 characters.
Cyber threats from larger, more advanced nations that have diplomatic relations with the United States focus on cyber espionage and theft. But Iran is a more irrational actor and is building a cyber capability that is retaliatory in nature.
Companies could be exposing the crown jewels to malware and data breaches by not having a formal bring-your-own-device policy warns IDC Australia.
Hackers are adapting distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and combining these with social engineering tactics to try and infiltrate banks during 2013, warns Gartner.
Our team at Nominum recently looked at the biggest threats to fixed networks at the DNS layer. Why the DNS layer? Because it is ubiquitous -- every network runs on it -- and it is the best option for protecting critical infrastructure.
Five years after the disclosure of a serious vulnerability in the Domain Name System dubbed the Kaminsky bug, only a handful of U.S. ISPs, financial institutions or e-commerce companies have deployed DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC ) to alleviate this threat.
Legislation, stealth technologies, and emerging data privacy markets are proving that the battle for our Internet privacy has only just begun
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
Besides form factor, virtual systems are not really that different than physical systems. They both use the same operating systems and applications. They both present users with computing resources such ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia