Vulnerability scanning provides visibility into potential land mines, but often just results in data tracked in spreadsheets and independent remediation teams scrambling in different directions. It is time to change from a “find” mentality to a “fix” mentality. Here’s how.
Security / Features
New features within Instagram's Direct message component provide better ways to share photos, profiles, locations and hashtags.
Apple does social media differently than its peers in the tech world, and though it isn't ignoring social to the extent it did in the past, you shouldn't expect to see any official @Apple account on Twitter anytime soon.
A new survey highlights the extent to which government employees insist on bringing their own devices to work, despite rules to the contrary.
As the Obama administration prepares to impose sanctions on Chinese companies for economic cyber-espionage, experts question whether the penalties will have significant effect
The tragic killing of two reporters during a newscast last week played out live on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The alleged shooter's use of social media raises questions about how popular social services manage auto-play video.
Bitcoin’s widely trusted ledger offers intriguing possibilities for business use beyond cryptocurrency
Internet users will get some respite from Flash-based attacks since Google and Amazon are stopping Flash ads from displaying
Ten years after Katrina devastated New Orleans, IT pros say being less dependent on physical locations is just one of the keys to ensuring your company doesn’t go out of business when disaster strikes.
A big law firm handling sensitive documents uses its ISO security certification as a competitive differentiator .
Malware masquerading as advertising is a growing problem, and the ad industry must figure out how to weed out scammers from legitimate companies
Facebook has big plans for M, its new virtual assistant that provides a mix of human and machine-driven intelligence, but it will have to earn the trust of users if M is to rival Siri or Google Now.
Candidates in the 2016 U.S. presidential election use more social networks than politicians of the past, in hopes of tapping the millennial market. However, it's difficult to measure real ROI, and the social trail is fraught with political perils.
The Agora Dark Web market cited Tor Hidden Services security vulnerabilities that could allow de-anonymization attacks and temporarily shut down operations after discovering suspicious activity on its servers.
Today, management demands metrics to get a clearer view of security. Here are four metrics that deliver actionable insight -- and a few others with less value
The Ashley Madison hack continues to make headlines. Naturally, that's because the news keeps getting worse. Worse for website owners Avid Media Group. And worse for the REAL victims, more importantly -- the people named in the hacked data dump...
The default state of Internet privacy is a travesty. But if you're willing to work hard, you can experience the next best thing to absolute Internet anonymity
MIT researchers created the first file system that is 'mathematically guaranteed' not to lose data even when a computer crashes.
Once upon a time, BYOD and the consumerization of IT was held up as a paragon of productivity and cost savings for enterprises that embraced the concept. Now? Not so much… What happened?
Google is sorry to report it's lost some cloud customers' data. Lightning struck four times near its St. Ghislain, Belgium data center. From cloud to cloud, as't were, causing some storage to go bye-bye...
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC