When Black Hat convenes next week in Las Vegas, it will be a rich environment for gathering tools that can be used to tighten security but also - in the wrong hands - to carry out exploits.
Security / Features
National Moth Week, Black Hat exploit presentations, edible insects, Pornhub bug bounty & Zica prevention at the Rio Olympics all come up on Bugs & Bugs Facebook Live event
LogMeIn, the makers of the popular remote desktop software as well as IT security and other offerings, will become part of a Citrix subsidiary in the wake of a complicated, $1.8 billion transaction announced Tuesday by the two companies.
Twitter's steamy summer of sport got even hotter today as the company inked deals to live-stream MLB and NHL games. Each of the 'Big Four' major U.S. sports leagues is now on board to stream games or related content via Twitter.
A spear phishing tool to automate the creation of phony tweets - complete with malicious URLs – with messages victims are likely to click on will be released at Black Hat by researchers from ZeroFOX.
Called SNAP_R (for social network automated phisher with reconnaissance), the tool runs through a target Twitter account to gather data on what topics seem to interest the subscriber. Then it writes a tweet loaded up with a link to a site containing malware and sends it.
Cisco UCS Performance Manager versions 2.0.0 and prior are affected and the problem is resolved in Cisco UCS Performance Manager versions 2.0.1 and later. UCS Performance Manager collects information about UCS servers, network, storage, and virtual machines.
Carbon Black has bought Confer to boost its protection for network endpoints using a behavioral form of antivirus combined with cloud analysis of threats rather than traditional signature-based software.
Smartwatches, fitness trackers and other wearable devices that are connected to corporate Wi-Fi networks could lead to serious privacy and security issues, experts say.
You're already breached. Here's how to track down attackers on your network before they wreak havoc
Following the infiltration of the hotel chain’s network with payment card-stealing malware, Omni is looking to use analytics software to detect and quarantine attacks.
Bugs & Bugs: Gypsy Moth invasion, cyborg locusts, Zero Days -- the movie, bug problems for Lenovo, Symantec & others, and super interesting research from New York University & others aimed at reducing software bugs
Cyber insurance may be a booming business thanks to the high-profile breaches, but the market for such policies is a complicated, say experts from SANS Institute, Advisen and PivotPoint.
A new feature from Snapchat, called Memories, should broaden its appeal by making it easier for you to preserve and curate the content you share, but the company's go-to disappearing 'snaps' live on.
Three months of phone calls prove Windows scammers are more skilled at social engineering than you think
With the assistance of machine learning, the UCF's Compliance Dictionary seeks to simplify the process of creating common controls with a lexicon that maps the connection between terms in authority documents.
Here’s how to find out if your child is involved in malicious online activity -- before the authorities do
The noted web security guru worries that the key web and application threats aren't getting the right level of focus
The first quarter of 2016 has seen a 20% increase in wireless LAN equipment sales compared to the same period a year ago, according to a study released today by IHS Technology, which credited the proliferation of 802.11ac wireless gear for the uptick.
Click fraud is more than just a marketing problem. It presents a real security risk to your organization, experts say. CIOs need to know their enemy.
Gartner has taken a look at five key areas of security concern that businesses face this year and issued predictions on and recommendations about protecting networks and data from threats that will likely arise in each.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Deakin University taps Thomas Duryea for Citrix and AppSense deployment
- UXC Red Rock to leverage NetSuite ecosystem following Oracle merger
- ACCC warns against tax scams as ransomware increases
- Oracle squares up to Cloud rivals with $US9.3 billion NetSuite acquisition
- WA government seeks aid from local integrator on ICT strategy
- Black Hat security conference trims insecure features from its mobile app
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- Microsoft listens and learns, pulls a passing grade for Windows 10's freshman year
- Tech boosts the fan experience at U.S. Bank Stadium
- Meet OPPO, the fastest-growing smartphone brand in the world