The swift rise of “data executives” is evidence of how Gartner clients are adapting to the market and technology trends that are driving a shift to digital business.
News, Features, and Interviews
High profile cyber attacks over the past 12 months – Census and the Bureau of Meteorology are two examples – have company directors scrambling to tighten up their IT security strategies.
The IT security landscape has dramatically evolved over in recent years. There’s been a significant increase in the frequency and complexity of cyberattacks against businesses.
The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) lacks a clear view of the cyber security incidents suffered by Australian businesses because they’re not sufficiently reported, the government body said today.
More data breaches have been reported in Australia than anywhere else in the APAC region so far this year, according to a security index.
The CISO of global media giant Hearst Corporation has heralded a cup of coffee as the best tool for getting boards on board with cyber security efforts.
The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), led by the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), is working to declassify as much data as possible to make it more useful to industry and academia, says the centre’s chief.
The prime minister's special cyber security advisor, Alistair MacGibbon, has said the shut down of the census website will have a "lasting impact" on the public trust in the government to deliver digital services.
Last year, Western Australia's largest university identified a shadow IT problem caused by a lack of trust between the IT department and business units. Richard Addiscott director of IT planning, governance and security explains how he filled the 'trust chasm'.
The Australian Federal Police and Australia Post are among several organisations across 22 countries that have been targeted by TorrentLocker, a crypo-ransomware that spreads via spam messages.
Dimension Data and Victoria’s Deakin University will open a cyber security incubator at the university’s Waurn Ponds campus to build products and address the skills shortage across the sector.
In a fast growing sector, the bottom line is everything
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- CMO, CIO embrace social media, IoT to win customers
- China Oceanwide, IDG Capital agree to acquire IDG
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 19 January 2017
- CMOs reveal their technology clout and martech plans for 2017
- Vegemite brand back in Australian company hands following $460m Bega acquisition