News, Features, and Interviews
Australian companies face ‘US levels’ of litigation if they fail to prepare for mandatory data breach reporting requirements which are likely to come into effect this year, a lawyer has warned.
NEC Australia will spend $4.38 million to build a cyber security centre in Adelaide.
Multi-vector attacks are now standard in the DDoS-for-hire-marketplace, according to Akamai’s latest security report.
A declining number of C-suite executives are aware of the laws around storing confidential data, according to a survey.
CSIRO’s Data61 and the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) will soon create a security education and training program to lift the digital and cyber literacy of company boards.
Australia has joined the US, UK, France, and Germany in a list of countries targeted most by tech support scams.
MailGuard on Tuesday identified several new scam emails purporting to come from Australia Post.
Tech leaders detailed their security strategies at a roundtable luncheon at this month's CIO Summit in Melbourne. They discussed the measures they are using to minimise the risk of cyber threats with a particular focus on the weakest link in any security strategy – email. The luncheon was sponsored by Mimecast.
The Australian government has announced the delay of its decision on mandating the data breach notification scheme. Does this mean we, as Australian consumers and citizens, are sitting ducks?
The threat of cyberattacks continues to overwhelm many organisations, and it’s simply not a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when’ corporate networks will be breached by hackers.
In a fast growing sector, the bottom line is everything
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Deakin University taps Thomas Duryea for Citrix and AppSense deployment
- UXC Red Rock to leverage NetSuite ecosystem following Oracle merger
- ACCC warns against tax scams as ransomware increases
- Oracle squares up to Cloud rivals with $US9.3 billion NetSuite acquisition
- WA government seeks aid from local integrator on ICT strategy
- Black Hat security conference trims insecure features from its mobile app
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- Microsoft listens and learns, pulls a passing grade for Windows 10's freshman year
- Tech boosts the fan experience at U.S. Bank Stadium
- Meet OPPO, the fastest-growing smartphone brand in the world