News, Features, and Interviews
The hackers who stole personal data from health insurer Anthem stand to make a whole lot more than the ones who stole 56 million credit and debit card numbers from Home Depot because the potential payback per identity is so much greater.
Professional services firm Deloitte has set up an online cyber intelligence centre in Australia to help its clients respond to data breaches and other cyber security issues.
What happens to robots when they die? If you're Sony's defunct robot dog Aibo, your technology can return to life in smart homes.
The danger of cyber attacks in 2015 is a top concern for members of global IT association ISACA with 61 per cent out of 121 Australian and New Zealand members expecting an attack on their organisation.
For the past decade, governments around the world have established international anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing efforts in an effort to shut down the cross-border flow of funds to criminal and terrorist organizations. Their success has encouraged criminals to move their cash smuggling away from the financial system to the byzantine world of global trade. According to PwC US, big data analytics are becoming essential to tracking these activities.
Google is adding its muscle to PriceWaterhouseCoopers' bid to build a new cloud-based healthcare system for the military that would support its more than 9.7 million beneficiaries.
While the three largest venture capital deals of the year in the technology industry went to consumer-focused startups, most of the other top investments went to companies building products that could reshape the enterprise IT landscape.
Data loss and downtime has cost Australian organisations around $65.5 billion (US$55 billion) in the last 12 months, according to a new survey.
A recent PricewaterhouseCoopers study concludes that, for the bulk of users, wearable health devices are a novelty that wears off. Only 21 percent of 1,000 consumers surveyed own a wearable, and fewer than half of device owners wear them daily.
Google has struck a partnership with PwC in which the global provider of consulting services will recommend to its customers the Apps suite, Android devices and the Google cloud computing platform.
In a fast growing sector, the bottom line is everything
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Maximise Your Negotiation Power Over Big Storage - LEARN HOW
- Oracle aims at unified data vision with latest Marketing Cloud features
- Bain and Company: Treat customer advocacy as a management system
- The humble shopping list gets the flick with Woolworths’ new smart watch app
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- What the Internet of Things means to marketers