The promise of big data is enormous, but it can also become an albatross around your neck if you don't make security of both your data and your infrastructure a key part of your big data project from the beginning. Here are some steps you can take to avoid big data pitfalls.
What happens behind the scenes in your cloud over Labor Day Weekend? Before you start thinking about lighting up the BBQ, make sure that your AWS cloud is under control and not creating unexpected surprises for Tuesday morning.
Change management has always been a serious concern for organizational IT. Changes - whether good or bad, planned or unplanned - are inevitable. Change management is less about minimizing change, but more about minimizing the risk and disruption caused by the change.
Mobility is one of the key drivers of technology today, but now users are not only connecting corporate-issued laptops, but also a bevvy of bring-your-own devices. Over 80% of workers surveyed bring personal devices to work, and 80% of those users are connecting them to the corporate network for work-related activities.
On the heels of controversial changes to its developer platform, Twitter is debuting a certification program for third-party business applications that the company deems particularly good and useful.
It's a long way from mowing lawns and washing windows to the CEO's office, but today's tech chiefs haven't forgotten where they started in the working world. Here's their advice for young employees just getting started in the working world.
Salesforce.com has revealed details of what's coming in its next major product update, Winter '13, in a set of release notes recently posted on its website.
With the return of students to the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth's campus in the fall, the university's network will be required to cope with a huge increase in demand - and the major culprit, according to network systems manager Richard Pacheco, is Netflix.
Leveraging a cloud-based delivery platform, Hadoop-powered analytics software and a mobile delivery platform, Tidemark looks to compete with industry giants SAP, Oracle and IBM in the enterprise performance management space.
Husqvarna Group, the Swedish-based maker of outdoor lawn and garden equipment, is powering up an updated e-commerce network designed to better share business information with tens of thousands of trading partners around the world and facilitate order fulfillment with the company's factories.
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia