CIO Australia spoke to five IT leaders about the key technology and business strategies that will help drive growth across their organisations this year.
Perceived high costs, security concerns and confusion around the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend has many enterprises hesitating to expand their BYOD programs, according to new research conducted by Forrester Consulting and Juniper Networks.
Insurance firm AXA is to use a hosted BAE Systems Detica anti-fraud platform to help tackle a reported spike in fraudulent claims.
Oracle made a splash on Tuesday when it announced the general availability of its Big Data Appliance, but the company also quietly released pricing information for Exalytics, another new member in its family of specialized hardware-software appliances and a likely competitor to SAP's HANA product, suggesting that a general-availability announcement for that product is imminent.
All the news and pictures from Oracle's flagship event in San Francisco
Oracle’s hardware business continues to be popular among Federal Government agencies with the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (DIISR) looking to refresh its existing SPARC Solaris systems.
CIOs must start to think about integrating social media into their service desks as the technology becomes ubiquitous in everyday life, according to analyst firm, Ovum.
If asked to determine which is of greater importance — the bar opening on time or keeping IT up and running — many university students would likely argue the former, but according to Macquarie University’s CIO, Marc Bailey, there are two occasions a year when the student response is universally IT: Exam results night.
Project reviews coupled with a greater understanding of SOA deployment is vital if systems integration is to be successful.
Oracle must be stopped from taking over MySQL, according to Richard Stallman, a developer and prominent activist for free software.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
For today’s enterprise, this whitepaper identifies three general areas of risk associated with risk; those that are traditionally areas of risk, the hazards that are exclusive to virtualisation and the ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia