Innovation News, Features, and Interviews
Hydraulic actuators, battery stacks, biochemical systems and disease propagation are but a few things that now can be modeled more easily, thanks to a number of libraries and a library store that Wolfram Research has created for a new edition of its SystemModeler software package.
The open data movement is about more than government agencies being transparent, it's driving efficiencies across government and industry in Australia, says GovHack's national coordinator Pia Waugh.
With natural resources drying up, countries should turn to their human resources and build innovative technologies that they can export to the rest of the world, according to speakers at an Amazon Web Services roundtable held in Sydney this week.
Artificial intelligence software for freight logistics at Tip Top Bakeries and game simulations used at the University of Wollongong and Macquarie University were among the 2014 iAward winners for New South Wales.
The 2014 national iAward finalists and WAiTTA winners for Western Australia, along with ACT iAward winners, were announced last week. The state iAwards recognised a wide variety of technologies, ranging from Rio Tinto’s 4G LTE network to National Blood Authority’s treatment management app.
Cloud storage provider Box announced today that it has acquired Streem, a small startup with some impressive technology in that area, for an undisclosed fee.
Yesterday, the 2014 iAward winners for Queensland were announced, following on from the Victorian awards earlier this month.
Talk to IT personnel, or study what they look up on Google, and you may think they're done with cloud computing. Talk to analysts or more importantly, end users, and you'll hear a different story.
Earlier this year, Apple announced its App Store had reached 40 billion downloads, and more than $10 billion was spent on iOS apps in 2013. Three billion apps were downloaded in December alone.
Telstra on Wednesday unveiled a multi-million dollar program that will see it work with National ICT Australia (NICTA) on technology projects in areas such as security, privacy, smart network planning and media delivery.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads