Forrester takes a page from da Vinci to paint an image of what the modern man will don in terms of wearable technology.
Box is adding features to its content management and document-sharing platform to give administrators the capability to manage permissions, access and control over how Box is used in the enterprise. It's also added a new consulting arm and a systems integrator partner network.
Bob Muglia, executive vice president of Juniper Networks' software solutions division, has abruptly resigned from the company following the appointment of a new CEO.
Nvidia's Mental Ray high-performance 3D rendering software has a vulnerability that could be exploited to compromise clusters of specialized computers called render farms, according to researchers from ReVuln.
Network World tested hundreds of products in 2013, but here are our top 10 tests of the year. In order to make the list, the product review had to be a comparative test of multiple products in a single category and it had to break new ground or deliver fresh insight into an important product area.
IT managers facing the task of explaining the business value of IT to the C-suite don't necessarily have an easy time of it. But eBay believes it has fixed this problem with a metric that translates IT resources into key business metrics
The ever-increasing complexity of data about IT environments is making it increasingly difficult for organizations to make effective IT decisions.
Trends come and go in the technology industry but some things, such as IT system failures, bloom eternal.
A surprising thing about Goldman Sachs, one of the globe's most influential investment banks, may be the sheer size of its technology organization. It makes up a major part of its workforce.
It's hard to get a good job in IT these days, but it's all too easy to lose one.
Why some IT chiefs still fail to plan properly for a disaster despite acknowledging the frequency and high risks associated with events such as bushfires, storms and floods.
Sign up now »
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome performance limitations of hard disk drives, especially when your capacity requirements are relatively small and you require high performance. In ...
Enterprises, both small and big, are evaluating cloud computing and, in increasing numbers, are moving their IT infrastructure ...
"Thinking about ditching Yahoo altogether and just using my gmail accounts.."
Yahoo Mail still down for some users, after an attempted fix
"If these 200 services are rolled out like some of the existing ..."
Queensland government to provide 200 services online by 2015
"So, because organisations have put Technology Managers into roles and called them ..."
CIOs need to get their house in order, CFO panel says
"big data is the future. Register for Jan 24-26 #BigData Bootcamp-Santa Clara ..."
Is Data Complexity Blinding Your IT Decision-Making?
"There's a lot in what you say that applies to financial markets. ..."
Why IT projects really fail
- Show us a better way than collecting metadata, NSA director says to critics
- Arizona lawmaker hopes to stop NSA spy efforts in her state
- Juniper: Quick look at security strategy behind its SDN controller security
- The top 8 security threats of 2013
- Nvidia exploit could turn render farms into password crackers, bitcoin miners, researchers claim
- NBN Co claims alternative approach will provide NBN sooner and cheaper
- Morgan Stanley predicts autonomous vehicles on the road by 2020
- Australian businesses upbeat about Big Data, but progress lagging: HDS
- IN PICTURES: Game Masters exhibition explores history's most influential (+74 photos)
- Exclusive: After 17 years, Peter Masters leaves Express Data
- Jacob's Creek taps into Facebook data for personalised customer greetings
- In Pictures: 12 Big Data predictions for 2014
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report
- Why Shazam is helping advertisers hit the right tune with consumers