Management News, Features, and Interviews
The growing number of data breaches resulting in massive numbers of payment cards being stolen from retail stores and other businesses is occurring because they're failing to keep up with the Payment Card Industry's data security standard, according to the PCI Security Standards Council.
Intel says it is producing a 3G modem, an essential component for Internet of Things (IoT) devices, smaller than anything else produced in the world.
Microsoft has extended the data loss prevention features in Office 365 so that they are available not only for its email tools but also for data in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
Three CIOs discuss how they balance traditional and unconventional approaches to keep projects on track and deliver on their promises.
The days of drones filling the sky and robots roaming in our streets are not far removed from reality anymore, and scenes from movies like Star Wars, Minority Report and I, Robot will be common soon. Just consider some of the ways that robots have started to permeate our lives.
Martha Heller sits down with James E. Rooney, executive director at the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority.
In theory, a software developer's knowledge and "fluency" in a programming language should be an accurate gauge of his or her ability to perform well for a company. In practice, however, there are a host of skills and practices that can be learned only through on-the-job experience.
A recent California appellate court ruling could hurt efforts to implement bring-your-own-device (BYOD) to work policies nationwide, analysts agreed Tuesday.
Most happily employed IT pros would consider a new job opportunity -- and there are plenty more to consider these days as recruiters struggle to fill in-demand positions.
If a company wants humans and robots to work more seamlessly together, they need to give the robots more freedom to work on their own.
- Drupal offers bounty for breaking its new two-factor authentication
- Java, Flash and Reader still PC admins' biggest security headaches
- Security council blames breaches on poor PCI standard support
- Microsoft republishes pulled Windows update, but still recommends a registry hack
- Spotting Web threats in the confusion of short-lived hostnames
- How PaaS is helping Voltswagon to deliver customer leads on mobile
- Baskin-Robbins appoints new marketing chief and plans customer loyalty overhaul
- Qantas Loyalty won't be sold off, confirms Joyce
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy