- As hacks mount, October's cybersecurity push refocuses urgency for user, executive engagement
- As Stagefright 2.0 emerges, HTC can’t commit to monthly Android patches
- The week in security: Kmart, DJs hacked as report confirms Target ignored security basics
- IP camera makers pressure researcher to cancel security talk
- Kmart Australia calls in police over security breach
News, Features, and Interviews
Focusing on the "opportunities and challenges" associated with big data, a new investigation aims to determine whether new regulatory or supervisory measures are needed.
Embarking on a new IT project is a major undertaking no matter what your company's scope or size, but when you're News Corp -- with 10 business units and 25,000 employees around the globe -- it's not for the faint of heart.
The new Hortonworks Big Data Scorecard is designed to help organizations assess their capabilities and build a plan to jump start big data projects.
The big winners in connected homes will be vendors of whole platforms, not individual products, and Google's Nest division is pushing hard to play that role.
CenturyLink CIO Bill Bradley says tech leaders need to keep their C-level peers abreast of IT efforts. Not surprisingly, mobile and cloud are among the key discussions.
GE aims to help vertical industries boost productivity through IT.
Big data can mean big threats to security, but BlueTalon just launched what it calls the first-ever filtering and dynamic masking capabilities for use directly on the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
CIO Jeff Keisling has led a new era of IT-business collaboration at the pharmaceutical giant, leading to breakthroughs on multiple levels.
General Electric is introducing the Digital Power Plant, a real-time simulation of a physical power plant that lives in the cloud and allows for better management and less downtime.
MapR Technologies has added native JSON support to its MapR-DB NoSQL database, giving developers the capability to quickly deliver scalable applications that leverage continuous analytics on real-time data.
- Large organisations are immature in embracing end-user computing: Dimension Data
- Vintek expands into Canberra and Singapore
- Vix Technology wins $US30m contract with Dallas transit operator
- SkyFii converts two pilot clients to billing customers
- Aspect Software appoints Luke McNamara as regional sales manager
- EU-US Safe Harbor agreement is invalid, court rules
- Panasonic shows world's first Ultra HD Blu-ray player
- Sharp's Robohon is both a cute robot and a smartphone
- 16Lab shrinks wearable computing ring, will sell dev kit soon
- Global civil rights groups coalition wants changes to Facebook's real-name policy