In early 2015, APN bought Perth’s radio station 96FM from Fairfax Media for $78 million giving the company’s Australian Radio Network (ARN) empire a presence across all five capitals.
IT Value / News
Change management support is an essential requirement for IT professionals when evaluating software partners, according to a survey.
Vitamin and supplement maker Blackmores is planning to move its 15-year-old ERP to the cloud.
Microsoft stepped into the enterprise collaboration market today with the full release of its Office 365, chat-based workspace Microsoft Teams.
Townsville City Council and James Cook University will this week be briefing potential operators on their planned North Queensland Regional Data Centre (NQRDC).
Leading corporate law firm Gilbert + Tobin is “encoding the mindset” of its senior practitioners as part of a prescriptive analytics pilot.
ANZ bank's 48,000 global staff are each being encouraged to become "their own data scientist" and being provided with tools to draw value from the company's fast-growing data lake.
Australian businesses are ahead of their global counterparts when it comes to cloud adoption and DevOps, a survey suggests.
October 3 will mark the end of more than five decades of Toyota vehicle manufacture on these shores. But this is not the end of the road for the company in Australia.
Hungry Jacks is kicking of a major cloud first strategy in coming weeks by replacing a number of its decade old, internally developed business applications.
Champions of open data within government have turned “coy” following the Department of Health’s data privacy snafu last month, says the CEO of healthcare data analytics firm, Lorica Health.
IT departments are facing an existential crisis of their own making, says Splunk chief technology advocate Andi Mann, but "metric that matter" can save them from oblivion and increase their value to the business.
When Splunk CTO Snehal Antani walked on stage to deliver closing keynote at the seventh annual Splunk user conference in Orlando last week he carried with him a new addition to the company's line of funny slogan t-shirts. It bore a pun to sum up the company's new outlook: "Don't be a tool".
Peregrine Corporation is piloting an Internet of Things solution and it’s already having an impact. If successful it could be rolled out to 260 sites across the state.
Australia can become the food bowl of Asia’s middle classes, but only if it can establish itself as a leader in Agricultural Technology (AgTech), says a report from StartupAUS.
Last year, Western Australia's largest university identified a shadow IT problem caused by a lack of trust between the IT department and business units. Richard Addiscott director of IT planning, governance and security explains how he filled the 'trust chasm'.
Angry Birds and Clash of Clans are among the apps most often banned by Australian businesses, according to data from enterprise mobility management firm, MobileIron.
In the battle for the City of Sydney, one party is hoping to attract votes by promising free city-wide Wi-Fi, an app to get you home safely after a night out and open sourcing the city’s data.
When Geoff Purcell joined Melbourne Water in January last year, he arrived to a fragmented IT team, ageing asset management and business process systems, and endless disparate databases. But there was also a multi-million dollar, cross-business digital strategy that hoped to bring the government owned statutory authority up to date.
The ASX is in the middle of a four-year, $50 million transformation of its trading and post-trade systems. And it's not just the technology that's changing.
HCL Australia’s service delivery director, Emmanuel Steve Dulvin, speaks about his career, lessons learned and the technologies that will drive the IT services industry in 2017.
- Totem streetlight poles to combine wireless with power on city streets
- Mingis on Tech: All about the new Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5 Plus: Economy class that gets you there (with video)
- Banks ill-equipped for proposed APRA data demands
- Williams Martini crunch biometrics for Formula 1's peak pit-stop performance
- Aussie businesses want an open IoT ecosystem
- Broadband connections get timely turnaround treatment
- Accenture launches Liquid Studio in Sydney for innovation push
- Dimension Data wins $4.8M IT deal from the Department of Social Services
- Melbourne cloud migration specialist to acquire WA's Cirralto Business Services
- Consultant urges never pay ransomware demands
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
- 4 steps to ensuring your company fails successfully
- Jaywing sets sights on Australian growth with digital and data-driven agency model
- How National Geographic is innovating its brand with purpose
- CMO's top 8 martech stories for this week - 23 March
- 5 ways to create great real-time marketing campaigns