The ending of Windows XP support in April 2014 combined with slow log in times led Australian oil and gas producer Santos (ASX: STO) to start its Windows 7 migration.
Telstra is delivering integrated voice, video, presence and mobility applications as a cloud service, following a new agreement with networking equipment vendor Cisco.
Global IT services outfit Dimension Data has bagged a contract to design network and telephony infrastructure for Chevron’s massive Wheatstone Project, a liquefied natural gas (LNG) development in Western Australia’s Pilbara region.
In a bid to cut queue times, the Northern Territory (NT) government has begun a trial of a QuickPay online Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) station in Parap, Darwin.
Sydney Water has teamed up with National ICT Australia (NICTA) to predict water pipe breakages before they happen using NICTA’s machine learning technology.
Bushfires have caused power outages at Optus mobile sites in New South Wales, the number-two telco reported.
Australian consumers are being advised to hang up on scammers who claim they are owed money for receiving telemarketing calls while registered on the Australian Communications and Media Authority's (ACMA) Do Not Call Register.
A 25-year-old Sydney man has been charged with allegedly causing millions of dollars in damage to Telstra's telephone cables on the Northern Beaches, NSW during September and November 2012.
ICT spending within the utility sector in Australia is forecast to grow by five-year compound annual growth rate of of 2.3 per cent to more than $1.9 billion in 2015, according to IDC's Utilities Market Forecast and Analysis report.
Melbourne Cup Day provided some mixed results for two of the major telecommunication providers with Telstra reporting a drop in data traffic and Vodafone experiencing a spike in SMS, voice and data traffic.
Adding new layers for both improved communications and business-focused data analysis may add pressure to already pressured CIOs, but information executives aren’t the only ones staring down organisational change as a result of the industry’s new information-driven dynamics.
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
This handbook shines a light on the dark corners of advanced malware, both to educate as well as to spark renewed efforts against these stealthy and persistent threats. By understanding ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia