Businesses must use technology to increase focus on the customer or risk failure, according to Commonwealth Bank CIO Michael Harte.
3M Australia unveiled a new innovation centre in North Ryde, Sydney on 5 April. The centre is designed to help employees collaborate and bring consumers closer to the science and research that lies behind some of 3M’s offerings such as multi-touch screens.
In a bid to lift classified ad revenue, News Ltd used Google App Engine to develop the Traderoo classifieds website.
Retail chain Dick Smith will use Google Hangouts to share best practices among its stores and bring employees closer together, according to the retailer’s IT director, Linda Venables.
Social media has enabled online retailer Ettitude to better reach customers and increase its sale conversion rate, according to managing director Phoebe Yu.
Website crashes are a thing of the past for ecommerce website RedBalloon since a migration into Amazon Web Service’s cloud took place in early 2012.
Visa subsidiary CyberSource has been selected by the Flight Centre, Cotton On and Kathmandu to secure online payments when customers are booking flights or buying apparel.
Australian businesses continue to discourage employees from bringing tablets into the workplace despite a massive spike in tablet sales this year, according to Telsyte survey results released today.
Melbourne IT said it expects a boost to business from defensive domain registering and other activity associated with new global top-level domains expected to go live later this year.
MasterCard has announced it will launch MasterPass Down Under next month, with the credit card company already securing partnerships with several major Australian banks and retailers.
If supply chain experts can spend so much time and effort improving efficiency and still have more work to do, how are smaller companies meant to get their supply chains right? It’s not as if they have been standing still: CIOs at FMCG organisations and other companies of all sizes have long focused on using high-end supply chain management solutions to trim fat from their company supply chains. Many embarked upon massive enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementations a decade ago as they stared down the end-of-life of existing systems and the spectre of the Y2K bug. Yet while their intentions were good, the same can’t be said for the methods of resolution.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
Many organisations are evaluating a new security model based upon IT risk management best practices. This is a good idea, but not enough for today’s dynamic and malevolent threat landscape. ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia