Health News, Features, and Interviews
Box Hill Hospital has completed its core ICT infrastructure rollout, where it is improving interaction between clinicians and their patients at Eastern Health’s newly redeveloped facility.
Up to 20 district health boards across New Zealand will roll out cloud infrastructure, which is expected to slash IT infrastructure costs across the group by $23.9 million over the next 10 years.
Rick Hampton, the wireless communications manager for Boston-based <a href="http://www.partners.org/">Partners Healthcare</a>, has seen the dialogue among network professionals heating up in the wake of the FCC's sternly-worded enforcement warning about illegal Wi-Fi blocking and says it's no wonder the commission is fired up.
Medical implants provide numerous benefits to patients who cannot afford to have regular visits from a doctor or travel to their GP. But if they are really going to make an impact in healthcare, they need a power source that's more efficient than batteries.
The mobile health (mMealth) marketplace has lived up to its hype, but where it goes next depends on our changing healthcare needs.
Researchers at the University of New South Wales have been awarded a $322,800 grant to conduct research into boosting the security of wearable technology.
CIOs in all industries can face challenges aligning their work with the business units of the enterprise, but in the healthcare industry, perhaps more than most, it is critical to win the support of the executives and front-line workers in the operation, a panel of experts said at a recent health IT conference.
"Overall, information governance programs are less prevalent and less mature in healthcare organizations than is warranted, given the importance of information."
It's been a rough year for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT -- and it's unclear when things will get better.
The Royal Freemasons’ Benevolent Institution (RFBI) has upgraded its storage to cater for 6 terabytes of growth in the future.
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
- John Lewis mail glitch leaves customers with £1.53 bill for marketing circular
- 2014's vulnerability surge left Mac OS, iOS more exposed than Windows
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week