Health News, Features, and Interviews
Earlier this year, the American College of Healthcare Executives released its annual report on hospital CEO turnover rates. At 20 percent, the rate is the highest it's been since the organization started analyzing those numbers in 1981. (ACHE gets its data from the American Hospital Association.)
Succeeding as a chief information security officer (CISO) in healthcare requires both technical and leadership skills. The technical savvy often comes naturally, thanks to education and work experience in engineering or computer science, but the same can't always be said for the leadership acumen.
If you have to watch just one more ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, make it this one from Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates. He geeks out as only Bill Gates can do by drawing up and demonstrating quite the contraption.
Roughly one in three consumers who starts using a fitness tracker stops using it within a year. Research from IDC says the top reason for device abandonment isn't battery life, comfort or functionality.
A virtualization offering has helped medical diagnostics imaging firm I-MED Network reduce three data centres down to two in June this year, leading to cost and energy savings.
Not-for-profit health insurer HCF is rolling out an initiative that will enable 3,300 people with chronic illnesses to use Internet-connected biometric monitoring devices to manage their health.
It's a busy time in healthcare IT, and full-time employees seem to be feeling the ill effects of all this work more than consultants.
A new dashboard for e-health measures has been developed to help GPs benchmark their goals in primary healthcare against others nationally.
After a flurry of activity, there hasn't been much recent news from Washington about the future of the meaningful use incentive program. That has left the healthcare industry to play the waiting game. Few are happy about it.
Baxter Healthcare has used business intelligence data analysis to reduce errors and enhance customer experience, according to Baxter Healthcare IT director, Marise Hannaford.
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- The UPS Store says malware found on systems of 51 stores
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- Moving toward smart and secure continuous software delivery
- Spam industry reinvented as messages containing malicious links surge
- Meru Networks, Wavelink and Compulec deploy wireless solution at The Glennie School
- AWS Cloud boosts Bulletproof revenues
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Build a private Cloud but don’t forget the software, says EMC
- Symantec opens Security Operations Centre in Sydney (+30 photos)
- Bitcoin could be undermined by "unworkable" tax regime: ADCCA
- Expedia MD: How we're rallying around the customer
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets