- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- National cyber-security response, skills development crucial to Australia's economic future: Cisco
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
- Apple computers vulnerable to 'Thunderstrike 2' firmware worm
- Cleaning up botnets takes years, if ever, to complete
News, Features, and Interviews
A solution that let's people manage their health from the surrounds of their own home without the need for trips to the doctor has won the Hack Aging Hackathon.
A hackathon will be held in Melbourne between July 10-13 to create innovative solutions in aged health care to address challenges presented by Australia’s ageing population.
WASHINGTON -- In an effort to expand the utility of government health data and improve care for the sickest Americans, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Tuesday said it will open its datasets to the business community for the first time.
The federal government’s personally controlled electronic health record (PCEHR) scheme will be renamed ‘myHealth Record’ and doctors will trial an opt-out model, as part of a $485 million plan announced on Sunday.
Aged care provider, Feros Care, has shifted its CRM and productivity apps to the cloud with the roll out of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Office 365.
Ambulance Victoria is working with software company, Readify, to develop technology that helps treat people who are critically ill.
The Baird government has vowed to pump $300 million over the next four years into e-health projects if it is re-elected on Saturday.
Hackers who went undetected for eight months gained wholesale access to medical records and other personal data of the 1.8 million Premera Blue Cross health plan members in Washington State and Alaska as well as anyone who did business with the company.
Researchers from Google and Stanford University have used machine learning methods – deep learning and multitask networks – to discover effective drug treatments for a variety of diseases.
Cancer treatment is a step closer to becoming personalised with Mitra, a biotechnology company in Boston, releasing a study on predicting different patients’ clinical response to anti-cancer drugs using a machine learning algorithm.
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Using customer personas while maintaining excellence: The key to omnichannel
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research