Health News, Features, and Interviews
Baxter Healthcare has used business intelligence data analysis to reduce errors and enhance customer experience, according to Baxter Healthcare IT director, Marise Hannaford.
Large healthcare organizations spend millions annually on IT. Most of it pays for technology that moves or stores data. That's been especially true in the last five years, as meaningful use has triggered significant investment in electronic health record (EHR) technology.
Five years after the HITECH Act, the meaningful use incentive program for electronic health record (EHR) software may be in trouble.
An identity access management (IAM) project for the Fiona Stanley Hospital in Western Australia has failed due to poor management, according to a government audit.
An insurance executive talks about how IT can help transform healthcare.
The Federal Government has allocated $6.5 million for a program to train primary healthcare staff to use e-mental health therapies and associated technologies.
The IBM Edge2014 infrastructure event hinted at how the company plans to use experience to its advantage. Far from burning out or fading away like an aging rock star, IBM intends to join today's young rockers on stage -- and steal the show.
A scientific research firm in Queensland is playing a major part in creating human tissue with 3D printers.
The Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record (PCEHR) should be renamed 'My Health Record' — MyHR — and shift to an opt-out model, according to a review of the system commissioned by the federal health minister, Peter Dutton.
The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network has been looking at how to employ more commodity software for telemedicine, the SCHN chief information officer, Bill Vargas told the CeBIT eHealth 2014 conference this morning.
Samsung, WebMD, Apple and Google are all getting into the health application game. The aim is to help consumers see all their health and wellness data in one place – but will all that information be too much of a good thing?
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads