- Arbor-Cisco deal enlists service providers in the fight to push DDoS defences away from customer networks
- Microsoft’s rolls out ‘free’ iOS, Android MDM with Office 365 business plans
- Optus undertakes extensive security review as sanction for “significant” privacy breaches
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, March 30
- British Airways notifies frequent flyers of possible breach of their accounts
News, Features, and Interviews
Space is tight for computer science students at the University of Washington. The program can accommodate only onethird of UW students who fulfill prerequisites and apply to the major. With lobbying <a href="https://news.cs.washington.edu/2015/02/24/23-wa-technology-leaders-line-up-in-support-of-expanded-facilities-for-uw-cse/">support</a> from a number of big-name tech neighbors Microsoft, Amazon and Zillow, to name a few -- the university is soliciting state funds to help pay for a second building for its Computer Science & Engineering department in Seattle. With a new building, UW expects to double its compsci enrollment.
How disappointing it would have been if MIT hadn't come up with a clever way to recognize this most special of Pi Days: 3/14/15/9:26:53... or 3.141592653 for you purists.
The Department of Education NSW and Cisco have partnered to train 100,000 tertiary and and school students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) skills.
The computer science programs at Stanford University, the University of California at Berkeley and MIT offer students the best return on investment, according to a new report by salary watcher PayScale.
<a href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/florencehudson">Florence Hudson</a>, most recently IBM's director of Internet of Things Business, has been named Senior VP and Chief Innovation Officer for computer network consortium <a href="ttp://www.internet2.edu/">Internet2</a>.
Northwestern University has named <a href="https://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/biography/10069.wss">IBM Chairman and CEO Virginia Rometty</a> as its commencement speaker for ceremonies taking place on Friday, June 19 at Ryan Field in Evanston, Ill.
There’s no question that education plays a key part in Australia being able to compete globally, and for the CIO of Department of Education and Training in Queensland, Mark Hind, data analysis is what is going keep students’ academic performance up to scratch.
Seventy Torres Strait Islander girls have coded a Raspberry Pi with an LED, GPS module and FM transmitter for emergency beacons to help their communities signal if brush fires become widespread, or alert people of poisonous snake and spider bites.
Google has backed Silicon Valley based Singularity University (SU) with US$3 million over the next two years to allow graduate students from anywhere in the world to study free of charge.
Seminole State College in Sanford Fla., near Orlando, graduates about 70 students annually with two-year degrees in its programming and networking programs. Local tech firms have helped to shape the college's courses.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Maximise Your Negotiation Power Over Big Storage - LEARN HOW
- Security snafu as G20 leaders passport details leaked
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- Sprint to rollout LTE Advanced to Chicago area
- Microsoft applies 'freemium' tactic to mobile device management for Office 365
- Researchers say low-cost, longer-life graphene light bulb coming this year