The ASX Group should work on its communication skills with the market during technological outages, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) said in a report released today.
Chinese networking equipment giant Huawei appears to be gaining traction in the Australian market, reporting revenue of $368 million here in 2012, a 61 per cent jump over the previous year.
The Bureau of Meteorology will be the first federal government agency to accept commercial advertising on its website starting this week.
Newcastle Permanent is looking for a CIO to lead a team of 70 IT staff and drive the $8 billion retail banking provider’s systems development, IT operations and overall technology direction.
National Australia Bank (NAB) expects to save $800 million annually in a five year plan which includes reducing the complexity of its technology systems, centralising operations and support functions, and reshuffling senior management positions.
Anittel Group (ASX:AYG) has reported a net loss of $5.9 million for its half year ending December 31, 2012 following a 31.5 per cent dive in hardware and software product sales over the period.
MasterCard has announced it will launch MasterPass Down Under next month, with the credit card company already securing partnerships with several major Australian banks and retailers.
ASX-listed system integrator Data #3 has reported a 6.8 per cent revenue slide for the first half of 2013 to $406.2 million, compared to the same period last year.
CIOs are struggling the meet the data demands of chief marketing officers (CMOs) who are hungry for fast access to a lot of information, according to Tristan Sternson, managing director at Melbourne-based information management consultancy InfoReady.
National Australia Bank has launched a “social media command centre” to help further support its customer service, the bank announced today.
The development of a greenfield private Cloud is facilitating NAB’s IT revolution, but compared with more traditional banking platforms the new technologies is not without challenges.
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
Enterprise-wide cloud implementation can be a challenging process, requiring a thoughtful, strategic approach. In this whitepaper, IBM® shares considerations for developing enterprise cloud strategies. It looks into how the rapid-scale ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia