Consumerisation of IT
News, Features, and Interviews
Campari Australia has rolled out 60 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 i5 tablets in a move that the beverage supplier says has revolutionised its sales cycle.
It's actually not that weird. Rather than using your fingerprint, this technology merely recognizes you by your vein structure.
More than a third of global browser-based online transactions are now made on a mobile device as consumers demonstrate a growing preference for mobile payments, according to new research.
Consumers could spend more than $1 billion per month in Australia using Apple Pay despite the service only being available to American Express card users, according to research.
It’s a bewildering landscape for would-be Internet of Things implementers and production-grade industrial deployments are scarce.
Huawei has developed a prototype smartphone battery that can be recharged to half its capacity in just five minutes.
A new app that turns idle smartphones into a virtual supercomputer is being touted as a significant step towards finding a cure for cancer.
Moroku's gamification technology is getting some attention from the largest banks in the world.
ING Direct is the latest bank to introduce a fingerprint scanning capability on its mobile app. Touch Login lets customers use the fingerprint sensor on their Touch ID-capable Apple iPhones or iPads to securely log in to the mobile banking service.
Apple recently applied for a patent in the United States for what could be called an iRing. This initially sounds like a goofy idea but hold that thought!
Facebook is set to roll out a new way for users to interact, beyond comments and the simple 'Like' button. However, its new 'Reactions' emojis aren't the "Dislike" option many users want, and they attempt to solve a problem that may not have a solution.
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- Maxus Worldwide launches new marketing tech consultancy
- Cricket Australia deploys Prime Focus Technologies solution to manage digital content assets
- Why big data is the capital driving the digital age
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys
- What the hell is the difference between ad tech and marketing tech?