Consumerisation of IT News, Features, and Interviews
CIOs have two options: ignore it, maintain centralised control. Or, become an enabler to the business
More than 70 per cent of tech budget decision makers across Asia-Pacific say improving customer satisfaction is a big priority this year but less than half are taking action to provide better outcomes for their organisation’s clients.
Still unsure about what the Internet of Things (IoT) actually is? Well, it’s going to be big. IDC says there will be 9.2 billion connected or IoT devices shipped worldwide this year, rising to 27 billion by 2020.
Earlier this year, Apple announced its App Store had reached 40 billion downloads, and more than $10 billion was spent on iOS apps in 2013. Three billion apps were downloaded in December alone.
Organisations that don’t make the transition to digital in the next 10 years will either be acquired by firms that have, or go out of business as new technologies transform the way companies interact with their customers.
People living in North America are the saddest and angriest of all nations while Australians are the most joyful but fearful.
Google Glass users can now access and manage flight details and other travel plans using the smart eyewear.
Only 1.8 per cent of Australian organisations have appointed a chief digital officer – compared to a 6.6 per cent global average – and we have created a ‘vacuum’ when it comes to digital leadership.
Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have the potential to help the Queensland Police Service (QPS) with situations such as sieges or industrial fires where officers’ lives could be put at risk, according to QPS Superintendent Brian Huxley.
Telstra has partnered with Melbourne development company b2cloud for the development of two Google Glass apps.
Samsung, WebMD, Apple and Google are all getting into the health application game. The aim is to help consumers see all their health and wellness data in one place – but will all that information be too much of a good thing?
- Good Technology launches enterprise mobility suites
- Telstra fixed line access price consultation begins
- Australian and New Zealand networks drive scientific research
- UPDATED: Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- Long replacement cycle drags down iPad sales
- Deep-dive review: The Lumia 635 smartphone -- a study in contrasts
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption