Amazon will acquire Elemental Technologies in a bid to enrich the video capabilities of its AWS cloud service, the company announced Thursday.
Cloud Computing / News
IBM's Internet of Things platform can now work with IoT processors designed by ARM, thanks to a new partnership between the two companies.
Microsoft Research distinguished scientist, Victor Bah,l has been spreading the word about Micro Datacentres, also known by the adorable name "cloudlets," as a key concept for optimisng the performance and usefulness of mobile and other networked devices via the Cloud. Service providers have embraced this vision most aggressively from the start, but it won't be long before enterprise IT pros will likely do the same, Bahl says.
VMware is playing catch-up with Amazon and Microsoft -- and playing to its strengths in the hybrid cloud market.
Unicorns used to be special. Now there are so many of them that we should probably find a better name.
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has signed ten-year contract with Telstra to manage security of supply, maintenance and enhancement to its National Train Communications System (NTCS).
Pact Group’s CIO Michael Ross and enterprise architect Justin Shagam discuss the implementation of Pact’s 'whole' cloud solution (IaaS, SaaS).
Some say the Cloud is the best spot for Big Data, others argue it should remain on premises. The answer is, it depends.
Big changes are afoot at HP as the company prepares for a split up this spring. Big data software is expected to be a pillar of the new Enterprise focused HP company.
Rising Internet usage, plus a culture used to bargaining for used goods, provides fertile ground
If there's anything Cal Henderson knows about, it's scaling technology to keep up with extremely rapid growth.
With cloud computing maturing, the competitive advantages provided by cloud adoption are declining, but not being in the cloud is turning into a serious disadvantage, according to a new report by Harvard Business Review Analytic Services.
Two-factor authentication is often held up as a best practice for security in the online world, but Dropbox on Wednesday announced a new feature that's designed to make it even tougher.
Two Google big data toolsets have finally moved out of beta and into full commercial release, adding to its cloud portfolio a data analysis framework and a service for managing data streams in real-time.
Looking to expand its already considerable user base, GitHub has introduced a new desktop GUI client that streamlines many of the functions of the online code repository.
Infor made a $675 million bid to bolster its cloud and supply-chain management capabilities Tuesday with the announcement that it will acquire global order-management platform provider GT Nexus.
GE is entering the cloud market with what it claims is the world’s first solution designed specifically for industrial data and analytics.
IBM plans to buy Merge Healthcare in a $1 billion deal that promises to bring new image-focused capabilities to its Watson Health platform.
IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
GE took its industrial Internet platform to the cloud today with the announcement of Predix Cloud, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering designed specifically for industrial data and analytics.
- Check out the Log Rhythm's NEW Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Firefox coming to iOS this year, Mozilla says
- Amazon snaps up Elemental to boost video on AWS
- Ex-Tesla engineer could face prison for hacking former manager's email, FBI says
- Microsoft will release its hackathon help tool to the world
- US DOJ tightens policies on use of simulated cells for surveillance
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC