The ‘as-a-service’ market now accounts for a third of IT services activity. Can traditional outsourcing survive?
Cloud Computing / Features
The three reasons that departments' own adoption of cloud technologies benefits CIOs' goals
It is earnings season, which for publicly-traded technology vendors in the cloud market means it’s time to update investors on the momentum of emerging products helping to displace eroding revenue from legacy offerings. For two technology vendor stalwarts – Microsoft and IBM - cloud computing has played a significant role in their earnings this quarter.
Land O’Lakes CIO says no single cloud provider can meet all of the company’s requirements. Google and Microsoft are both in the mix, but the agricultural cooperative still isn’t ready for a full migration.
The cloud software maker is now hosting communications capabilities, including phone services and web meetings, in the cloud.
Office 365, Office 2016, and OneDrive have finally come together across Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, and the web -- but you still need a guide to making it all work
The impact of the United Kingdom voting to withdraw from the European Union could have far-reaching implications for international companies who experts say may need to rethink their data management policies as the move could create a network of disparate data sovereignty laws across Europe.
Android apps will run unaltered, but developers may also choose to optimize their wares to, for example, offer multiple window sizes.
Google says the enterprise represents a largely untapped opportunity for the company, and at this week's Google I/O conference it shared its strategy to corner the business market.
World Bank, Capital One and other banks are moving past their fears about security and regulatory risks turned and embracing the business agility of public cloud services.
Business resilience is an organisation’s ability to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operation, safeguarding people and assets and maintaining or even building brand equity.
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calendars to booking hotel reservations.
Google's cloud leader discusses one of the biggest IT challenges related to enterprise cloud deployments and offers advice on how companies can identify the business functions that are best suited for the cloud.
xA group of Google executives this week reinforced the company's commitment to the enterprise cloud — one of its fastest growing businesses — and said it has made more than 300 improvements to the Google Cloud Platform during the past year.
Making the business case for embracing cloud services isn’t the challenge it once was. What is proving to be more of a hurdle to wider-scale cloud adoption is the lack of expertise, experience and resources to take advantage of what’s now possible.
Forget two-year IoT pilots. Prebuilt solutions and fast prototypes mean you can ascertain the business value of IoT quickly enough to stay competitive.
Google executives have to convince enterprise decision makers to trust in its public cloud offering, and a major keynote on Wednesday offers a major stage to do just that.
Dropbox has culminated a multi-year project to build a customised infrastructure environment that company officials say is finely tuned to their specific needs, allowing them to reap savings compared with how they used Amazon Web Services' cloud. Should you get out of the cloud too?
Two recent reports confirm that your greatest security threat is your users, not outside hackers.
The telecom giant is unloading its data centers to focus on its services business.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Deakin University taps Thomas Duryea for Citrix and AppSense deployment
- UXC Red Rock to leverage NetSuite ecosystem following Oracle merger
- ACCC warns against tax scams as ransomware increases
- Oracle squares up to Cloud rivals with $US9.3 billion NetSuite acquisition
- WA government seeks aid from local integrator on ICT strategy
- Black Hat security conference trims insecure features from its mobile app
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- Microsoft listens and learns, pulls a passing grade for Windows 10's freshman year
- Tech boosts the fan experience at U.S. Bank Stadium
- Meet OPPO, the fastest-growing smartphone brand in the world