Android apps will run unaltered, but developers may also choose to optimize their wares to, for example, offer multiple window sizes.
Cloud Computing / Features
Google says the enterprise represents a largely untapped opportunity for the company, and at this week's Google I/O conference it shared its strategy to corner the business market.
World Bank, Capital One and other banks are moving past their fears about security and regulatory risks turned and embracing the business agility of public cloud services.
Business resilience is an organisation’s ability to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operation, safeguarding people and assets and maintaining or even building brand equity.
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calendars to booking hotel reservations.
Google's cloud leader discusses one of the biggest IT challenges related to enterprise cloud deployments and offers advice on how companies can identify the business functions that are best suited for the cloud.
xA group of Google executives this week reinforced the company's commitment to the enterprise cloud — one of its fastest growing businesses — and said it has made more than 300 improvements to the Google Cloud Platform during the past year.
Making the business case for embracing cloud services isn’t the challenge it once was. What is proving to be more of a hurdle to wider-scale cloud adoption is the lack of expertise, experience and resources to take advantage of what’s now possible.
Forget two-year IoT pilots. Prebuilt solutions and fast prototypes mean you can ascertain the business value of IoT quickly enough to stay competitive.
Google executives have to convince enterprise decision makers to trust in its public cloud offering, and a major keynote on Wednesday offers a major stage to do just that.
Dropbox has culminated a multi-year project to build a customised infrastructure environment that company officials say is finely tuned to their specific needs, allowing them to reap savings compared with how they used Amazon Web Services' cloud. Should you get out of the cloud too?
Two recent reports confirm that your greatest security threat is your users, not outside hackers.
The telecom giant is unloading its data centers to focus on its services business.
As modern businesses flock to the cloud, many fail to perform the necessary due diligence and accordingly fall victim to these common mistakes.
To take advantage of machine learning, most companies will probably turn to third-party APIs rather than do the work themselves.
These four tips, from Google, Microsoft and Forrester, can help CIOs and IT pros switch to Google for Work, Office 365 or any other new set of cloud-based productivity tools.
New services and pricing models make cloud computing more powerful, complex, and cheaper than it was a few short years ago
Forget OpenStack and Cloud Foundry: Microsoft says its Azure Stack private and hybrid cloud platform is what enterprises are asking for.
CIO.com’s Paul Mah debunks three of the biggest myths about cloud adoption at small-and-midsize-businesses.
Five industry insiders predict the trends that will shape the cloud market this year.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Telstra’s broadband outage: How a minor software change became a big problem
- Jigsaw: How ransomware is taking over our devices
- ACLU wants a piece of the Microsoft v. U.S. data gag order lawsuit
- Multiple U.S. trials underway for shared 3.5GHz wireless spectrum
- Microsoft eats another $1B as phone strategy shrinks to enterprise-only
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- After blaze, world’s largest solar power plant offline for up to three weeks
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Understanding how new solid state drive technologies can benefit the data center
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 27 May
- How this marketer got a traditional manufacturing business to embrace digital
- David Jones marketing chief departs; digital executive role created
- Mercer CMO: How B2B brands can achieve customer love
- Pure Storage CMO's tips to make your marketing resonate