CIO talks to Glenn Powell, general manager of Infront Systems, about how to move to a hybrid IT infrastructure model
News, Features, and Interviews
Microsoft plans to introduce a new cloud platform service that may eliminate the need to worry about scaling up an application as it grows in popularity.
Investors this week poured at least $350 million into cloud computing companies focused on everything from security to Hadoop clusters to industry-specific apps.
Hoping to move new applications to the cloud, Amazon has launched a new virtual server with four high-end GPUs, while Microsoft has made its SSD-based storage offering generally available.
After comparing notes with my Gartner colleagues on recent discussions with clients, it’s becoming clear that government is rarely realising significant savings from cloud services.
Mining giant, Rio Tinto, is migrating its core enterprise IT systems to the cloud following an agreement with Accenture.
Google is betting that real-time processing is the future of big data analysis, and has updated two of its cloud services to help enterprises understand what is happening in the moment with their customers and operations.
LEAF Commercial Capital used to wrestle with tape backups for disaster recovery. Now the equipment leasing and finance company is using a software-based service from Evolve IP for disaster recovery.
Two years ago when Frank Macreery started Aptible to help companies host sensitive healthcare data in the cloud, as CTO he decided that containers would play a pivotal role in the company's operations.
Microsoft is equipping its Azure cloud service with a tool to debug PHP-based Web applications that are running on the platform.
Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Thinking big data for marketing? Get small data right first
- Are you ready for Google's Mobilegeddon on Tuesday?
- 3 lessons to inspire digital marketing success from Arianna Huffington
- Telstra's customer advocacy and NPS champion to retire
- Altimeter Group: Collaboration channels are the future of business decision making