Business Intelligence » News »
BT Financial Group has tapped business intelligence (BI) software from QlikView to provide insights on how to grow and retain customers for its financial advice business.
With a start date of January 2013, the race is on at Peters Ice Cream to implement a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system before it goes live on 1 August.
Business intelligence (BI) software vendor QlikTech hosted the Australian leg of their business discovery world tour on a Sydney harbour cruise this week. The customer event discussed current trends in BI.
CIO Australia spoke to five IT leaders about the key technology and business strategies that will help drive growth across their organisations this year.
Investment by CIOs and IT managers in business intelligence (BI) software to improve decision making processes is driving the market to greater revenues than 2012, said analyst firm Gartner.
CIOs are focusing on digital technologies to drive business transformation but are still ‘stuck in a rut’ of managing day-to-day administrative IT activities, according to a new global CIO survey by research firm Gartner.
IBM and Tennis Australia, partnering for the 20th year at the Australian Open, are analysing social media not only to measure players’ popularity but also to ensure there is adequate capacity to handle spikes in user activity.
Pictures of the technology powering Melbourne's grand slam.
With a flood of information rushing in to the business, companies are increasingly demanding workers who can analyse the data and make insights and predictions. However, finding a properly trained person for the job can be a difficult challenge.
Queensland-based fencing product company, Factory Direct Fencing (FDF), has used a combined ERP and CRM system to automate functions and help with expansion into Australian sales markets.
Many organisations in Australia and New Zealand are still only considering implementing big data strategies despite heavy promotion by technology vendors, a Forrester study has found.
Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts in Orlando in the United States is using business analytics to increase repeat business from families for visit the hotel and theme park.
Analysts predict a strong uptake of in-memory technologies and cloud BI, new use cases for big data applications and more business collaboration next year.
Prominent CIOs and IT leaders gather at The Transport Hotel in Melbourne to discuss how to create an intelligent information business. The luncheon was sponsored by C3 Business Solutions.
Melbourne Cup Day provided some mixed results for two of the major telecommunication providers with Telstra reporting a drop in data traffic and Vodafone experiencing a spike in SMS, voice and data traffic.
Punters keen to have a flutter at Flemington racecourse in Melbourne will be able to bet online and watch the race in HD on their smartphone within the arena when a Wi-Fi service is introduced by the Victorian Racing Club (VRC) next year.
Supermarket and liquor retailer, Coles, is using anonymous transaction data from stores around Australia to see what products sell best and which new store sites could be the most profitable.
Payment systems provider NCR has begun a rollout of a loaded ticket offering around the country with Suncorp and Metricon stadiums in Queensland signing on. The system allows fans to preload their match tickets or membership cards with money to be used to buy merchandise, food or drinks.
Lonely Planet had to quickly adapt to a digital world to stay relevant as a publisher of travel guides. Known for physical books, the company overhauled its Web presence and publishing processes to meet consumer demand for real-time and mobile tourist information, according to Lonely Planet online platform manager, Darragh Kennedy.
Deloitte Australia is hoping to reduce staff turnover by identifying employees who are likely to leave the firm through the use of predictive analytics software.
Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
As the era of “Big Data” marches on unabated, data is coming from an ever wider range of sources, including transactional systems, mobile devices, sensors, streaming media, and social networks. ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia